13.6.5 Activity: Add Column Chart to Margin Summary Page

Hello!

I have the problem - i filtered the data with the rules given (forecasted months only), but i can't get the view needed

The picture is below what i have

tonybol_0-1615832288021.png

What i need

tonybol_1-1615832336641.png

Also i notice that my view in the grid chart is also not correct - but when i changed it does not give me the chance to save with the same name

tonybol_2-1615832459622.png

What is the right way to do it?

Thank you!

Anton

Best Answer

• JaredDolich
    Answer ✓

@tonybol 

Make sure your model calendar looks like this. I think you have an extra year in there. Should end after 2021.

ModelCalendar001.png

Answers

• @tonybol 

I think you're very close actually. You're using the right filter. Do a "save as" instead of a save on your view. Also, make sure the saved view has removed all the time periods that are not months.

Alternatively, you can create a custom view instead of using a saved view. You will use the same filter there. 

• Hello @tonybol

You are very close! There are a few different ways to achieve this in the NUX. You can use either Custom Views (my preferred way recently) or Module Views. Both work well in their own regard. 

This seems to be a pivoting issue. You want to make sure the pivot matches the goal of the visual below. 

Once you save the view using save as, like @JaredDolich mentioned, you can then point your visuals/grids to that saved view. 

• Hello,

I have done this

tonybol_0-1615835133897.png

But still seems that it does not work - you can see empty values in 2022. Why it is so?

Thanks,

Anton

• Hello,

Sorry, still don't understand. Could you show in steps what to do?

I can of course hide manually 2022, but seems it is the wrong way to do it.

Thanks,

Anton

• @tonybol 

You bet.

Steps:

1. Change the chart to a column chart
    2. View Designer and change the view to a custom view
    3. Pivot so months are in the columns
    4. Add time filter

MarginSummary004.png

MarginSummary005.png

MarginSummary006.png

• Thank you!

But still have the problem. I did in the same way

tonybol_0-1615933720064.png

But the graphs are still showing 2022

tonybol_1-1615933751630.png

What can be the problem?(

Thanks once again,

Anton

• Hmm...did you make sure to follow the steps @JaredDolich outlined above?

@tonybol - If so, the one thing I see and it’s something I can relate to, I always forget to save my changes. When you are on the filter screen, make sure to press “Apply” after you have added the filter. I always forget to do this and then I have to recreate the filters. The apply button is in the bottom right corner in your screenshots.

• Dear Jared,

It worked, i had in calendar 2021.

Thank you very much!

Anton

tonybol_0-1616002226692.png

• @JaredDolich 

i am stuck on this activity as well. When I select the drop down to apply the time filter for forecast months, I do not see the SYS00 Time Settings

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 2.41.42 PM.png