Error Loading Data

Hello All I have come across the following error ... while importing data in to a LIST

_Error_1_
New property combination found but name or code already exists 

Now i have been to the source file and done checks multiple time to see if there was any duplicates but there were none. I see this error as a there being duplicates.... Any idea why i would get this error despite there being no duplicates in the dource file.?? Many thanks for your help in advance.....

Answers

• Hi Mansour

Can you give a bit more info - maybe take a screenshot of your import settings and what you are aiming at? It sounds like you have maybe selected "Items uniquely identified by a combination of properties" which has the following behaviour:

If you have a line in your source file which has the same name but different properties to an existing item in your Anaplan list it will give you the message you received: "New property combination found but name or code already exists".

If you have a line in your source file that has the same properties as an existing item in your list (but a different name that is unique) then you will find that the name of the list item will be overwritten with the new name that matches those properties.

If you have a line in your source file that has the same properties as an existing item  in your list (but a different name that exists already in the list) than you will get a failure saying "Invalid Name" as it has tried to rename the list item with shared properties in the existing list with a name that already exists.

I suspect if you have duplicate items in your source file that have exactly the same properties the same would apply even if they have different names.

Let me know if that makes sense or if a worked example would help.

Thanks
    Kirsty
  • Quick Update: I did a quick test with the following data into a generic list with Items uniquely identified by a combination of properties: prop1 and prop2 and got the "New property combination found but name or code already exists" as there are two lines with the same name but different properties

prop1     prop2       
    X       3           yaddabing       
    X       2            yadda     
  • [quote]Kirsty RyderHi Mansour

Can you give a bit more info - maybe take a screenshot of your import settings and what you are aiming at? It sounds like you have maybe selected "Items uniquely identified by a combination of properties" which has the following behaviour:

If you have a line in your source file which has the same name but different properties to an existing item in your Anaplan list it will give you the message you received: "New property combination found but name or code already exists".

If you have a line in your source file that has the same properties as an existing item in your list (but a different name that is unique) then you will find that the name of the list item will be overwritten with the new name that matches those properties.

If you have a line in your source file that has the same properties as an existing item  in your list (but a different name that exists already in the list) than you will get a failure saying "Invalid Name" as it has tried to rename the list item with shared properties in the existing list with a name that already exists.

I suspect if you have duplicate items in your source file that have exactly the same properties the same would apply even if they have different names.

Let me know if that makes sense or if a worked example would help.

Thanks
    Kirsty[/quote]
    Good Morning Kirsty

Many thanks for your reply.

I think i might have been able to find what the issue was...
    Earlier i had imported the file and selected the boolean combination of properties under - > (items uniquely identified by)  
    That import threw some errors...
    I then corrected the file and re-imported the file this time selecting the boolean code only... It is then it started throwing up this error despite there being no duplicates in the file..

Evenutllay i deleted the list and created a new list and then it did not throw up this error again...
    Strange....
  • Hi Mansour

That's great that you got it sorted!

Did you reupload the file through Manage Data Sources? If you just select the file from the import screen it does not upload it again from your PC but uses the one that was already uploaded into the "cloud". So if you have made changes to the source file, you need to go into Manage Data Sources and upload a new data source with the same name to overwrite the original file. I have been caught out by this in the past!

Regards
    Kirsty