Break text into new line

Hi Friends,

What is the command required to break text into multiple lines in a Dashboard.

Answers

• Hi @Sravan_Kumar!

For Mac Os X I use control + option + enter. I think in Windows it can be cntrl + alt + enter or similar combination.

• @Sravan_Kumar 

On Classic Dashboards,  yes it is Ctrl+ Alt + Enter for Windows as @AntonMineev mentioned. In New UX it can be done thru Field Cards with multiple lines enabled.

Misbah

• If you are looking how to have a line break within text you are building,you'll need to include line break characters, CR being the obvious choice:

CR (character : \r, Unicode : U+000D, ASCII : 13, hex : 0x0d) : This is simply the 'r' character. This character is commonly known as ‘Carriage Return’.

meaning you can include "you text \r next line"

• @Sravan_Kumar to gain more idea on your query. Can you share some data on what is at present and what is required to be?

• Hey @nathan_rudman , could you please specify how I can use this in TEXTLIST formula?

I am trying to combine lists and want to have a new line after each list item.

Thank you in advance,

Suhas

• I know this is an old thread, but this information is now in Anapedia on the page that documents keyboard shortcuts in Anaplan.

From that page:

ActionWindows keyboard shortcutMac keyboard shortcut
    Enter a new line in a text cellControl+Alt+EnterOption+Enter
  • @SuhasDesai 

You can't use it in Textlist formula. Anaplan doesn't recognise "\r" as line break when it is used in the text. For example:- Text_LineItem = "Hi, \r How are you?"

You will see it as Hi, \r How are you? in the cell, even if you use & "\r".

• Exactly. Do you know any workaround here?

• @SuhasDesai 

I may. Share the end result (intended) and the source module in a picture.

• The use case is we want populate 2 or more items in Card. One item in one line.

• @SuhasDesai 

I think it isn't doable in Anaplan. If you have observed that data in cells are shown as one single line in modules, that is how Anaplan ignores line break.

See the screenshots-

Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 12.42.10 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 12.43.54 AM.png

- Shubham