Current Period vs Manually Input Period

I'm seeing some unexpected behavior in a Lookup formula that is referencing a period formatted line item. When I manually select a value for Current Year, my lookup formula performs as I expect it to. However, if I enter TIME.'Current Period' in Current Year, it shows the expected year in the line item, but my formula doesn't recognize it. Can anyone explain what is happening?

Manually selected:

michaelna_0-1619529885416.png

Yeilds expected result:

michaelna_1-1619530046804.png

Coding Current Year:

michaelna_2-1619530080765.png

Filter formula no longer gives the expected result:

michaelna_3-1619530177754.png

Thank you,

Michael

Best Answer

• Time.Current Period must be returning a Month formated Period format.

So get this in a LI that is Month formated and then get the year

Or do PERIOD(currentperiodstart()) in your year line item

Answers

• Michael,

Are you using different time ranges?

Do you have the settings set correctly on Summary for the target (I assume so, as the first time it worked, but best to double check)?

It is possible that on the backend, that Anaplan is returning Jan. 1st, 2021, versus FY21. Have you tried PERIOD(START()) formatted as Year?

Michael,

Are you using different time ranges?

Do you have the settings set correctly on Summary for the target (I assume so, as the first time it worked, but best to double check)?

It is possible that on the backend, that Anaplan is returning Jan. 1st, 2021, versus FY21. Have you tried PERIOD(START()) formatted as Year?

obriegr_0-1619532907269.png

Are you using time with the module, and therefore it is not summarizing correctly?

• My model uses a weekly calendar, so I suspect you are right and it's returning a week period. PERIOD(CURRENTPERIODSTART()) got me the results I needed.

Thank you both for the insights!