Filters rows in a sequence

Hi,

I need the rows in sequence even after applying the filter in the module. I  have a transactions list which is a flat list and two line items Email address and ISnotblank?. I need only the non blank rows in a sequence.

Generally when I apply filter the rows will be jumbled but I need the rows to be in sequence.

Before applying filter screenshot

riyazpasha_0-1619677784959.png

After applying the filter check out the rows after 6, its 11 I need in the sequence, similarly 17 to 20 18 and 19 is missing.

riyazpasha_1-1619677967128.png

Any idea how to build this? Need help 

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @riyazpasha 

You can use the CUMULATE function

https://help.anaplan.com/005a5a59-bb08-45e1-a4b2-6e658bad9832-CUMULATE

Create a line item that is 1 if the email is not blank ELSE 0. I've caleld it Include?)

Then, you create a line item that will contain your key in sequential order (In the example, I have called it Sequential) and the formula should be

CUMULATE(Include?, FALSE, Key)

Key being the dimension of your module

CUMULATE.jpg

Then, when you filter for non blanks, you will have a line item with sequential numbering

sequential.jpg

• Hi @fabien.junod ,

Thanks for the reply. But what Iam trying to look is if I filter for non blank then the key should in a sequence manner.

riyazpasha_0-1619765397085.jpeg

In the screenshot that I see 1,4,8,13 is a key(List) I want this to be in a sequence even if I filter for non blank.

Thanks

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha

• Hello @riyazpasha 

I understand. The  only possibility that comes to mind is to create an import action.

1) Option 1

You create another module dimensioned by the same Key and you import the saved view with non blank emails from the original module and you use "Sequential" line item to map to the Key

2) Option 2

Same as above, but you create an import into the same module. The goal is to end up wih all non blank email at the top.

• @riyazpasha 

To build on @fabien.junod idea, you could achieve this by using a numbered list potentially. I have set the display name in a property for the list to be equal to the TEXT(Rank). 

jasonblinn_0-1619805630023.png

As things in the filter get checked or Unchecked, it works exactly as Fabien's Suggestion. 

jasonblinn_1-1619805680242.png

As I apply the filter it only shows the sequential numbers: 

jasonblinn_2-1619805709445.png

Jason