User list used as a dimension, allow to create a subset to reduce module size

I would like to use the user list as a dimension so users are not overwriting each others settings, but the module with the data the settings select is big and so is my user list, so this adds a lot of unnecessary model size.

Can't there be the ability to create subsets of the user list when used as a dimension, like for other lists?

Will Lederer

Tagged:
108 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: In Review
  • It would be very useful for saving space. Applying the full user list to large modules when only a few of them need it takes up a lot of space unnecessarily. A workaround is to use a custom user list and to map it to the system one, but it would be more convenient if it worked natively.

• Hi Team! Do we have a solution for creating subset list for users list?

• A pity this feature is not planned. It would still make a great optimization if delivered.

• really need this feature as well

• Could you share the reason why the request was denied?

I can imagine multiple uses where this could be very usefull.

• Just wondering if there is any update or related topic on this one. This is the same challenge we are encountering. Thanks 🙂

• Hi @Marlon , we are actively investigating it. We don't have an exact date to release this enhancement yet, but it is considered for the roadmap! 

• Just came here to add this idea.

Using the entire Users list is very inefficient/sparse when only a small handful of users need a certain functionality, and creating and maintaining an additional "fake" users list to get around this is a lot of extra work.

• Please make this happen

• Any update? 

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!