INVO1 SHIPPING METHOD FORMULA

HI 

I got stuck in the shipping methods where am trying to using all sort of formula but shipping methods showing different error 

my formula:

'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Code, lookup: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Supplied By]

error :

Data type mismatch: format other than LIST or DATE being referenced as a relation

Any one please help me out with formula Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 4.36.51 pm.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-07 at 4.37.06 pm.png

Best Answer

• Hi @harishroshan ,

I believe the shipping mode should just depend on Location, and not SKU. Hence, you do not need to lookup the SKU. Your formula should be: 'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping[Lookup: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Supplied By]

This should have been my first response, rather than looking at pre-requisites to get the formula working : )

Hope this helps!

Answers

• Time scale for SYS07 Distribution Center Details is not applicable 

time scale for SYS08 SKU Details is not applicable in my supply chain model if i change time scale in any module then result is blank too 

any one please help me with this 

• Hi @harishroshan ,

The line item SYS08 SKU Details.Code or SYS08 SKU Details.Supplied By or both are not LIST formatted, which is a necessity for being able to lookup. Once you change it to LIST, it should work fine. Currently, I suspect at least the Code is text formatted.

Hope this helps!

• HI Vinay

when am trying to change code to list formate its not changing showing an error i have attached. supplied by is in list formate Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 5.17.31 pm.png

• Hi @harishroshan ,

Before changing the format, a few pre-requisites:

1. Ensure, this line item is not referenced anywhere in the model

2. If it is referenced, it is better to create a new line item which is list formatted and then use it for lookup

3. If it is not referenced, you can delete the current formula, change the format, and then write a new formula which gives you list formatted result

Hope this helps!

• Hi @Vinay VaradarajM 

which line item should be formated or created in 

• Hi @harishroshan ,

Sorry if I was not clear. Updated my response below:

Before changing the format, a few pre-requisites:

1. Ensure, this line item (SYS08 SKU Details.Code) is not referenced anywhere in the model

2. If it is referenced (the system will not allow you to change the format, as it is linked in other calculations), it is better to create a new line item which is list formatted and then use it for lookup

3. If it is not referenced, you can delete the current formula, change the format, and then write a new formula which gives you list formatted result

Hope this helps!

• hi @Vinay VaradarajM 

but code should always be in text formate right ? its not allowing me to change formate 

• Hi @harishroshan ,

Try this formula in the code 2 line item : item('P3 SKU').

You might also want to rename this line item (to SKU List may be) just to avoid confusion.

FYI
    The earlier formula Code(item('P3 SKU')) is not working because this formula results in a text format, whereas what you need is a LIST format.

• Hi @Vinay VaradarajM 

But still am receiving an error Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 7.18.05 pm.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-07 at 7.18.14 pm.png

• Thank you @Vinay VaradarajM I got stuck here for 5 hrs.