Changing the Source Model at an APP Level

As part of ALM functionality in New UX, we have an option of changing the source model at the page level. This is a great feature to begin with but we need more robust features on this.

Scenario 1: Consider having 100 pages in an app and all of them coming from the same source model, you wouldn't want to change the source model of  all these pages one by one. (Which is what we are doing currently).

Scenario 2: These 100 pages in app coming from multiple source models. Again Changing the source model one by one plus figuring out which pages are coming from which model is an added burden.

Idea is to have the feature which allows the page builders to change the source model at an app level. Meaning If I change the source model of an app from Model A to Model B, Anaplan should automatically change the source model of all the pages (which had underlying source model as Model A) within the app from Model A to Model B. This will allow page builders to save a huge amount of time and will make New UX more robust & flexible for page builders to design the pages.

Tagged:
38 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Indeed...changing the model per every page could become quite painful for big apps. 

It is already the functionality that shows at App level what are the source models in "Show models" option.

Why not add there the possibility to change per every model, the source model and in back-end all the pages to be changed the source model with the new model. 

• I support this idea!
    Sometimes for testing, you need to quickly switch a copy of the APP to a new/test model ... and now it is very painful (long and boring). Make a centralized setup!

• A very useful enhancement !

• TristanS
    edited October 2023

I want this! Pardon for solutioning but it can behave like an ALM model sync. You can select the target model 1st then the source model next after which Anaplan will list down all the pages associated to the source model and will select all pages by default. You can then have an option to either replace source model or add target model to model list for page

• I would also add to this that currently we don't have the ability to edit pages in the "manage models" view that have multiple source models. This is a pain, especially when you follow the method of creating a new test model from prod so you have the most up to date data in the model.

Hopefully future functionality would contain the ability to update pages with multiple source models, especially given this is the functionality we're told to use in lieu of true ALM for apps.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!