Schedule "Copy & Archive" - Backup Model

As a customer, we would like to schedule "Copy & Archive" action to records Back-up of models. Preferably with a direct and easy way : for example in the manage model menu.

This is relevant for customers with more than 5 models to improve security and avoid manual actions (Manuel Copy & Archive). The Archive Name could have the timestamp.

85 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• There seem to be several other posts with a similar request going back over a year....some Under Investigation and some still Needing Community support.  Seems like this is widely desired - can these items be linked to show the Community requests and support is there and push forward to implement a solution?

• Status changed to: New
  • It would be very useful especially there is not a work-around (at least to my knowledge) to schedule this using "REST API"  or Anaplan connect scripts. 

• This is very similar to 

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Automated-backup-of-models/idi-p/53220

Please kudo both so it gets the proper support. 

To Community admins - can we consolidate these enhancements? 

• We need to automate the "Admin" tasks and "copy and archive" is one of the task we would like to automate . 

• This would be very beneficial and would cut down on manual tasks we have to do as our platform continues to expand! I would add that any automated backup/archive should be produced with a consistent naming convention and date/timestamp. One example may look like "ABAK [10 char. name of workspace]-[10 char. name of model]-[date/time]".

• This functionality would be a great addition. Hopefully this can be added to the roadmap as soon as possible.

• We have the same requirement and this could simply be scheduled avoiding manual repetitive activities

• Exactly, a solution where the model automatically gets Copied and Archieved every day/ week/ month or as per users need, will be highliy appreciated. 🙂

• This would be very helpful! 

• Is this being considered, whether internal scheduling via UI or API functionality? This would be very helpful.

• Yes I agree. This would be an excellent feature to schedule these copy and archive processes.

• An outstanding yes!

• Hi, this is something that would be very useful, someone of you knows if this is on schedule for Anaplans Enhancements? Thank you in advance, Joana

• I'm wondering what the status is on this request? @Miran

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!