Renaming the line item - Best Practices

Hello all,

I need to rename a line item in a large model, I am wondering what are the best practices to do this?
What should I consider before renaming to avoid destroying the model? 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best Answers

• abhay.kanik
    Answer ✓

@Dominika_Dudzinska 

I don't think it will have any impact, Name of line item wherever it is referenced will be changed automatically whether be it a formula or line item subset, or even if you have used select statement with LISS .

• MarkWarren
    Answer ✓
    A line item can be safely renamed, it will not affect any functionality. Every line item has its own internal ID that is used for the references within Anaplan.
    The only best practices are to avoid using special characters or emoji in the name.

Answers

• Thank you for your help!
  • One thing to consider is if you are using the line item as a source or target within an action, whether model-to-model or external source-to-model. If you are using 'Match on names or codes' for the line items and you change the name of a line item then it will not be part of the mapping. If 'Map items manually' is selected then you will be fine.

• Hi @Dominika_Dudzinska , @jczimbal ,

Renaming a lineitem which is used as a source in any import action will break the mapping (even if you use Map items manually)

Please consider revisiting such actions (if any), to do the remapping!

Regards,

vinayvm