How to clear dependent drop down list line item value

Hi,

I have created dependent drop down list line item. . See below example data entered by user. Rack Market City is based on Rack market  State. 

Market -StateRack Market - City
AlabamaBirmingham, AL
AlabamaBirmingham, AL

Later user changed state value to California and forgot to change the related city. But city is still having value based on previous state Alabama.

Market -StateRack Market - City
California Birmingham, AL
AlabamaBirmingham, AL

Is there any way City can be cleared to blank value automatically based on State selection when the city is not the selected state dependent list item?.

Thanks,

Suman.

Best Answer

• not "automatically", you have two options, and you can use both at the same time:

- create an alert line item to check the parent of city matches the state, so you can warn the user of the issue, color it, add a text warning etc. You can even make the following calcs ignore the values if wrong

- you can run an action (import) that will clear the city when it doesn't match the state parent. Given your setup you can automate that periodically (once per day or more). However I reommend the least actions possible as they are very disturbing for users on the model

Answers

• Thank you @nathan_rudman for your suggestions.

Can i automate the action from one module to another module to clear the value within Anaplan app or do i need to take integration team help?. Thanks!.

Suman.

• currently you cannot do an automation from Anaplan itself, so you'll need your integration team