Share an App page to dashboard

Greetings,

I have a dashboard and an App page, i would like to know if it 's  possible to add a "button" on my dashboard so that when the user cllick on it he will be able to directly reach the App page. I've tried something with the App page URL but couldnt figure out why it was not working .

Thanks in advance 🙂

Best Answer

• Hi @pdekas ,

You are almost there.

Adding the URL in formula will not work. You need to paste the URL in the Link field (when you are in Data view, and not blueprint view).

When you click on the cell, you will find 3 dots as shown. 

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 5.21.06 PM.png

Click these 3 dots to get the two fields (Link, Display Text)

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 3.59.34 PM.png

Then, paste URL in the Link field.

Regards,

vinayvm

Answers

• Hi @pdekas 

I would suggest that you use the native navigation features at the top of the page.

LipChean_Soh_0-1623229455054.png

LipChean_Soh_1-1623229484143.png

Thanks,

LipChean

• HI @pdekas,

May I know the reason for using both the classic dashboard and NUX? It is kindly advised to use NUX.

So, prepare your landing page concerning that and educate the end-users to go to App directly and not the model landing page. 

And coming to the point you raised, it is impossible to publish a button in the classic dashboard which takes to the App page as both are different interfaces.

• Thanks for your reply,

simply because education is hard, so i wanted this to go as smooth as possible by having an hybrid interface at first. The dashboard is part of a long process where the end user has to go through many dashboards. Thats why asking them to go to the app page won't be easy but since there is no other solution :').....

• Hi @pdekas ,

Although you mentioned trying App URL, just making sure you embedded the URL in the link of a text formatted lineitem, because I tried and it worked just fine for me : )

Line item Format

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 3.58.34 PM.png

Lineitem data

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 3.59.34 PM.png

Please ignore if you already followed this.

Regards,

vinayvm

• Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I followed the process of adding a picture in anaplan with this so im not sure if it was the correct way:
    - create a module
    - create a line item, format line item to text, link
    but i don't know where to add the link or how to have the last block shown on your screenshot ( Link, Display name) . I even tried to enter the url in the formula tab 🙂 and yes of course it didn't work.
  • it worked!!!!
    Thanks a lot 💃