how to create boolean boxes for user to manually to check on

Hi,

I have a list of opportunities and would like to create a Boolean column for user to manually check on. I would then like to filter the list where all the opportunities are being checked off (Basically to filter the list where boolean = true) 

It would be best if this can be done in the NUX where the user can check on the boxes and then filter the results.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks. 

Answers

• Hi Darren

If I understand your requirements fully and correctly, you only need to:

1. Create a module dimensioned on your opportunity list and a Boolean formatted line item as shown below:

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 6.39.41 PM.png

2. Back to Module view, you can see that Check column can be ticked by users:

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 6.40.55 PM.png

3. Publish this view to dashboard then users can input their checks

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 6.42.20 PM.png

4. To display only checked opportunities, you can create a filtered saved view in the original module. the filtering criteria is that Check = True. Then publish the saved view to dashboard. Every time there is a change in the check in the first grid, refresh the dashboard and the second grid will be updated with newly checked opportunities.

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 6.43.44 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 6.45.14 PM.png

Hope this helps.

Tingting

• @DarrenS 

You can add a line item which will be boolean formatted and publish it with the dimension on the dashboard. After that use the same line item in the other module as a filter to filter out on user inputs.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks

Abhay

• Hi @tingtingxia 

Thanks for this.

For point number 4, i guess i have to have 2 views on the dashboard: One for user to input the choice and the other to show the filtered results. There is no way to show it within one view right? 

• Hi Darren

Yes, correct. 

Tingting

• Hi @tingtingxia ,

Thanks.

I have another question. I've tried to apply the boolean box for another list of accts/opportunities but it doesn't allow the user to check it (the boxes are greyed out in the pic below)

Is there a issue with the list that causes this to happen?  I've tried on a couple of other lists and it works fine for those.

DarrenS_0-1623379057172.png

• Hi Darren

Can I see the configure tab of the list you showed?

Tingting

• Here you go

DarrenS_0-1623384319653.png

• Hi Darren

I mean the configure tab of the SFDC list you are using in the module. You can go to the SFDC list, and there will be a configure tab after you open it.

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 12.18.34 PM.png

• Opps sorry, my bad

Here you go!

DarrenS_0-1623385502156.png

• Hi Darren

From your screenshot, I replicated a same numbered list that rolls up to a parent, but from my end the check boxes are still check-able.

My replicated list and module based on L2 opportunity.

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 1.12.51 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-06-11 at 1.12.59 PM.png

Then my question will be:

1. Are the items in your screenshot below coming from the opportunity list of its parent (Org L3 POD)? If they are from the parent, then the boxes are un-checkable.

2. Do you have full access to all list items? Or is there any DCA enabled?

Tingting

• How do i check whether I have full access to which list items and if they are DCA enabled?

Thanks. 

• Hi Darren

1. Under settings tab, go to Users. Do you have full access or are you assigned a specific role in this model? If you are assigned a specific role, you can check your access to lists under Roles to Lists tab.

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 2.11.09 PM.png

2. DCA check: go to your module blue print view. Scroll to the right side, you will see two columns as Read Access driver & Write access driver. Check whether there is anything selected for these two.

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 2.16.19 PM.png

Tingting

• I have full access to the model and there is nothing selected for the Read Access driver & Write access driver columns.

For the items in the earlier screenshot, the opportunities roll up to their respective POD L3. I don't think this causes the issue on the boxes?

• Hi Darren

Hmm, that will be strange then. Ya, having a parent hierarchy won't be causing this issue. What I was trying to understand is were you trying to select its parent item instead of the opportunity itself.

Tingting