Landing dashboard with modules

Hi,

I would like to choose a dashboard as a landing dashboard for a user role. When I go to Users- Roles to select the landing dashboard for a role, the drop-down list there does not contain all the dashboards, only a few dashboards. And I check the dashboard properties, it seems that all the dashboards shown in the drop-down list do not contain a module (based on what I observed). Is it the case that you can't have any modules for landing dashboard? I can't find any instruction on that... Thanks!

/Xin

Tagged:

Answers

• @xin 

If you are using classic dashboards then you can publish a grid to a dashboard and assign this to a role as the landing dashboard. It is not possible to assign a module as a landing dashboard. 

It is currently not possible to assign a landing page for a user in the UX. I believe this may be in the development pipeline. 

An alternative is to provide users with a URL link which will take them directly to a UX page.

• Hi, @ChrisAHeathcote 

The problem is that when I go to Users- Roles to select the landing dashboard for a role, the drop-down list there does not contain all the dashboards, only a few dashboards. And I check the dashboard properties, it seems that all the dashboards shown in the drop-down list do not contain a module (based on what I observed).

• @xin 

You may double check the Roles > Modules permissions.  If the Role does not have either read or write access too all modules on a dashboard then it will not be available to users with that role.  You can check this in the "Contents" panel as any dashboards where the user doesn't have access will have be dithered from selection.  

Hope this helps!

• @Tiffany.Rice is correct. The role must have at least read access to all linked modules.

• Thank you!