Export line item codes

Description of the enhancement:

To be able to export the line item codes instead of only the line item name.

Description of business use:

I have a financial statement report module where I have accounts as line items. This is because some of the accounts are calculated. We have a need to export this module with account codes for integration with, for example, data warehouse instead of line item names and we cannot find an option to export line item codes.

Let's say I have a measure named "X" that is calculated X+Y/Z. That X has to be a line item to have the calculation. Let's assume that this item X has code 123 that is used in data warehouse. I cannot directly export this measure with code 123 but only with name "X" that is not used in data warehouse (or the name changes once in a while and therefore I have to use the code).

Workaround:

I managed to find one solution for this. I created a module where I have list with same items that are line items in another module. Then I update the export module with the import-function by matching line items with dimension. Then I can use the export function and choose to export codes from the account dimension. This works but is not that elegant way of doing it.

17 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: In Review
  • Being an Anaplan Builder, I would like to be able to export from the modules Line Items Subset Items Codes, similarly to the properties of other general Lists.

Full Descriptions: when line item is added to Line Item Subset, it can be identified by the code, entered in Blue Print Mode. Currently, if this Line Item Subset will be used as a dimension, we cannot export it's code, like we can do for general lists (by adding labels in export set up menu). We would like Code property for Line Item Subsets to be included as a label to have ability to export it.

Benefit of the change: for places, where Line Item Subset is used for entry fields, build an appropriate template to perform import.

• Agreed with the above.

Linking the Anaplan Fields (especially Line items) and not having an option to export the Codes of them (even though there is an option to create such codes) is a difficult case when it comes to data warehouse of any sort.

Therefore looking forward to adding extra Export option (from the standard view) and not only from Blueprint.

While this may not be what this feature was originally created (nor I think a lot of users use it), it hopefully should be a quick change and a very useful one when speaking about automation and links with any data warehouse.

+1 from me

• In most connected planning environments I've seen, reporting is generally completed in other tools such as Tableau or PowerBI given their strengths in the reporting/viz areas.

To get it into a visualisation tool, we need to have the data extracted out in a format that doesn't change, however given the names of the line items are simply changed due to changing needs of the business users which changes the interface agreement with other systems (namely the Data Lakes/Warehouses), it would be beneficial for us to be able to extract the line item 'code' column so that we are able to decouple the display name (used for end users) from the underlying code of the line item (used in the interface agreement with other systems)

• This would be a great addition to the export capabilities. Additionally to having the option to export the LIS field as the name or code this will enable leaving it blank too as we can do with normal lists at the moment.

• Saw codes Column for line item in blueprint today, is this already released?

• Have the same requirement to export with a constant "code" for Date Warehouse load. Any workarounds or suggestions? I didn't quite understand the original poster's workaround.

Cheers

• This is sorely missed,

I'm duplicating a module to have an export via code and a user friendly dashboard.

• This request : /2/0/models/{{modelId}}/lineItems Give you all line items associated to a model.

Each Line items are associated with an “ID” that is specific to each line items and can be used as a code for Warehouse purposes.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!