Publish Line Item as Page Selector to Dashboard

Hi team,

Are you able to publish a Line Item from a module to a Dashboard as a Page selector that will act in the same manner as the dimensions published? e.g. the line item will change with the line item selected?

Each time I attempt to 'Publish the Selected Line Items to Dashboard' the value of the line item is published, not a drop down selector

Thanks

Answers

• @MarkTurkenburg Could you please check the format of the line item which you are publishing to the dashboard? It has to be a list line item so that the drop-down appears when published to dashboard.

Hope this helps.

AB

• Yes you can do this, instead of publishing selected line items use the option publish page selectors to dashboard with the line items pivoted to the pages 

• @MarkTurkenburg 

As I can understand you want to filter the line items on be basis of the item selected in the selector. You have to crate a custom filter to achieve that.

If that is the case you can do it with the steps below - 

1. Create a line item subset(LISS) of the line items .
    2. Create a system module dimensioned by user list and add a line item 'Selector'  which will be formatted by the Line item subset you created.
    3. Create a filter module which will be dimensioned by the LISS ad User list, Create a boolean line item and put formula Selector = item(LISS)
    4. Use the boolean to filter the line items in module ,save and publish the view
    5. Publish the selector line item on dashboard and it will act as a filter.

This will also help you in NUX

Thanks

Abhay

• Hi @AWhitworth ,

Thanks but this does not work. It was the methodology I used initially but it will only publish the Dimensions excluding Line Items to the dashboard (even when the Line Items are pivoted to Page Selector on the module)

Also I never realised that it publishes all dimensions to the Dashboard regardless of whether they are a Page Selector in the dashboard or not

Mark

• Hi @abhay.kanik  ,

Thanks very much for the detailed response but I feel this is a prime example of why Anaplan can sometimes make what should be simple very difficult. Effectively all I am wanting to do is replicate the Page drop-down selector functionality from the module to the Dashboard but using the 'Page Selectors' as the UE is better than just the native selector attached to the module

I think I will just use the native functionality but thanks very much for your help

Mark