Level1 exam formulas error (activity5)

Mao0511
edited January 2023 in Academy Discussions

I tried to update the formulas but it shows Invalid fomula .

Updated formulas for Bonus was below,

IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP 03 Employee Drivers by Role.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 0

Mao0511_0-1613469475945.png

Mao0511_1-1613469778955.pngMao0511_2-1613469891531.png

What exactly am I doing wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hi, you're right. I didn't spot it. The single quotes here. (and previously there was only a quote at the start of the module name)
    EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role''

What I would do when I can't spot it, I copy one I know is working and modify it!

Answers

• Hi, if you haven't spotted it already the SYS08 lookup should be to Role not Country

• Thank you for your advice and I tryed it again but still error.

The formula for 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Bonus is invalid:

Bonus = IF Employed? THEN Salary * EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role''.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

Mao0511_0-1613473563182.png

• I solved this issue! Thank you very much!

• How did you solve this?  Is your list "E3 Role" have a parent hierarchy?  I can not assign a parent hierarchy

jackstewartralphlaurencom_0-1626465873647.png

• I got the formula to not error out but now i am not getting any results as the formula is returning all 0

Any help?

Here is my formula for the Bonus line item

IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

• jack.stewart@ralphlauren.com !!

Great work on EMP02. Your formula is perfect. Nice job swapping in department and role. So if you're still getting zeroes then one of two things are missing. Either the mapping in SYS08 is missing or the Bonus % value in EMP03 is missing. Let's take a look.

SYS08 should look like this - make sure department and Role are populated and are LIST formatted. If role is missing, also make sure you've created the Role List and imported the values correctly:

SYS08_002.png

EMP03 should look like this:

EMP03_001.png

• Jared,

Thanks for looking into.  I was able to get the formula to populate results.  I also finished the test with a 100.  On to Anaplan Way.

• jack.stewart@ralphlauren.com You're a rock star! Nice job. Good luck with TAW. 

• Hi,

I am getting stuck on the same part in section five and I have exactly what you're two screenshots are showing, but I keep getting this error message:

AverySchober_0-1635200701669.png

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I do not want to apply a top level to E3 Role because then it messes up my data.

Could you please assist?

• What do I do if my roles section is blank?

• Hi,

My roles are missing.Not sure how to proceed. Please help.

• Where did you get the role information in SYS08? I can't find this anywhere?

• Did you not download the file from Section 4 of the test, like I failed to do? It is the Employee Details by Role.csv. Then you import it into SYS08, pay attention to what column the roles are in. Good luck

• Carlos3k
    edited May 2023

I did all of this. And I'm still getting only zeroes out of my formulas. I imported the correct file into SYS08 and made sure to map the correct columns

• @JaredDolich

I have been trying to figure out where your totals are coming from in EMP03 Employee Drives by Roles

I tried to add a formula however the column is read only

Any help would be appreciated.

• Anyone help here?