INV01 Inventory Ordering module - Shipping Method formula issue

Getting error when i am using below  formal for Shipping Method in "INV01 Inventory Ordering" module , Tried so many ways but no luck can some one help me some thing is i am missed 

'TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week'.'Shipping Time (Weeks)' [LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product, LOOKUP: 'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping]

Scrrenshot 

Updating Media

-Mohan J

Answers

• I am having the same exact issues, but with both Shipping Method and Shipping Time Weeks line items. Im getting errors for both formulas below:

Shipping Method: 

'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Distribution Center? [LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product]

Shipping Time Weeks:

'TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week’.’Shipping Time (Weeks)’ [LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product, LOOKUP: 'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping]

• Dear All,

I faced with the same issue for Shipping Method formula

When use following LOOKUP function 

'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping[lookup:'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center, lookup:'SYS08 SKU Details'.Code]

I face with the issue:

Data type mismatch: format other than LIST or DATE being referenced as a relation

Could you please suggest what is the reason?

• @mohanjmb @AleksandraShariy @ifeldman 

You all are so, so close. Try this instead:

'TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week'.'Shipping Time (Week)'[LOOKUP: Final Shipping Method, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product]

Let's break that down:

• We want the Shipping time (Week) line item from the TRA01. We note that the TRA01 is dimensioned by P2 Products and Shipping Methods. 
    • In order to get that line item we need to have list formatted line items that are related to those lists. 
    • Where can we find those list formatted line items?
    • To get Shipping method, we already have it in our INV01 module. So let's use that.
    • To get product we need to reference our system module, or SYS08.
  • Hi @JaredDolich 

many thanks for your reply

I faced with the issue not in  Line Item "Shipping Time Weeks", but in "Shipping Method". As was mantioned in course formula should reference the Shipping Method information by product SKU based on the Distribution Center location that holds the inventory for each specific product SKU. As I understand it should be "air", "rail" etc

I tried to use LOOKUP function, but failed

'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping[lookup:'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center, lookup:'SYS08 SKU Details'.Code]

Error msg is the following:

Data type mismatch: format other than LIST or DATE being referenced as a relation

Could you please suggest what is the reason?

• it seems that issue according to erroe msg is in data format... though format in module INV01 "Shipping method" and in SYS07 "Distribution center details" are the same - list Shipping Methods

• it seems that issue according to erroe msg is in data format... though format in module INV01 "Shipping method" and in SYS07 "Distribution center details" are the same - list Shipping Methods

• @AleksandraShariy 

Try this. You're a lot closer than you may think.

Shipping Method = 'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Supplied By]

Breakdown:

• You are correct to use SYS07 
    • But SYS07 uses a list subset of G3, so your LOOKUP has to return the relationship of shipping method and G3.
    • And we find that in SYS08. So you had that right too.
    • Take a look at "supplied by" format. It uses the same list subset as what you need in your module. That's why that is the correct line item to use.

• @JaredDolich Thanks a lot for your reply, 

Im a bit cobfused, because we dont have line item "Supplied By" in SYS08 SKU Details. 

We have just Distribution Center, Code, Product and Product Family in this list.

Is it additional line item to be build? Thank you

• @AleksandraShariy 

Good question. Yes, you will need that line item in order for this to work.

Try going back to when you were asked to build SYS08.Sometimes it's easy to miss it because it's hard to find in the text.

You might have missed it. It's a list formatted line item that uses the list subset in G3. If you don't see, then go ahead and add it. 

The overall point of this lesson is that you LOOKUP a line item that has a relationship to the TARGET's line item format and the SOURCE's list.

Hope that helps, if not, let's keep going. I want you to get to the finish line on this.

• Hi All,

Just wanted to see if a solution was ever found for this. I too did not see a direction anywhere during the SYS08 SKU Details module build to have a Supplied By line item. I feel like we should be using the distribution center line item in the SYS08 SKU Details module and the SYS07 Distribution Center Details Default Shipping line item, but I can't seem to get anything to work.. 

• @dsulliv8 you might found your answer.

Just re check all the data columns, line items in SYS08 module, and the line item 'Supplies by' should be there if you comply with guidelines accordingly, then above suggested formula will work for sure.

• I am looking everywhere and do not see a line item "supplied by" in what learning portion are the instructions to build that?

• I think this may have been changed to "Distribution Center"?

• Hi Jared?

If you have a moment, I've been going over this thread and I'm also confused. I'm getting the Level Mismatch issue.

My version of the formula is:

'TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week'.'Shipping Time (Week)'[lookup: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center, lookup: 'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping]

As I understand it, this should direct the INV01 line item, based off P3 SKU, to populate with the value from TRA01 that corresponds to the information in SYS08 and SYS07 for that SKU.

SYS08 should pair the SKU and the distribution center, SYS07 should pair the distribution center and the default shipping method.

While I'm at it, what exactly does "level mismatch" mean? Levels of what?

•  As far as i know there is no where in the exercise mentioned to create a line item for "Supplied BY" But understood that "Distribution center" in SYS08 and supplied by line item as you are saying yielding the same results So i just changed the line item name in Distribution center to Supplied By.