Level 1 8.8.4 Activity: Add Formulas to Size Margin Report Module

For level 1 training lesson 8's Activity: Add Formulas to Size Margin Report Module. I have a question regards to the summary setting. As the screenshot below indicated, if I don't alter the summary method for line item "Margin %" and leave it as default(sum), it would produce the wired number in the second picture shows.

bowlingwebwildflower_0-1628120995644.png

bowlingwebwildflower_1-1628121165696.png

After changing it summary method to formula, the numbers go back to normal. My question is is it by changing the summary method, it should only be applied to the summary column, not to the individual month's column?

Comments

• ideally it should, can you please share blue print view once

V.Sai Bharadwaj

Connect on LinkedIn

• After changing it summary method to formula, the numbers go back to normal. My question is is it by changing the summary method, it should only be applied to the summary column, not to the individual month's column? -> Summary applies to all dimensions (Time, Country, Size) -> On Screenshot you're showing Americas which is Countries L1 (Parent of Countries L2, that's why it's aggregating). Ideally whenever u calculate % it's better to use formula as summary

V.Sai Bharadwaj

Connect on LinkedIn