Multiple Model Access in New UX: Report Page View - selection of Models in each Slide

I created a Report Page containing data from different models, e.g. Slide 1 contains data from Model 1, Slide 2 from Model 2. An issues is when I click to each slide, I need to re-select respective Model to view the data, i.e. if I am in Slide 1, I need to select Model 1 and Slide 2 displays the message below.

yelena_0-1629692160665.png

Is there a way to switch slides and view published data without selecting respective Model, e.g. selected model on each slide will be saved automatically eliminating re-selection of models in each slide again and again? 

Best Answers

• Misbah
    Answer ✓

@yelena 

Good discovery!!

The difference between Report and Other Pages (Boards and Worksheets) is that the every Slide on the Report can be made up of one Single underlying model (whether Dev, Test or Prod). There is no flexibility of changing the source model at Slide Level because Slides can be considered as Sub Pages within the Page.  Although I believe that it should be adding that feature which will allow page designers to change the source model at Slide level. Having said that you can post this idea on idea exchange forum & I will upvote for it.

Workaround: Make a different Report based on the new Model.

Hope that helps

Misbah 

• Misbah
    Answer ✓

@yelena 

Currently it is not supported but if you can get it logged on Idea Exchange Forum with your Use Case - it might be a great addition

Misbah

Answers

• Hi @Misbah ,

Thanks for the feedback.

Ideally what I had in mind is to provide an ability to users to reconcile data between 2 or 3 models in one Page (Report or Board) instead of opening multiple Reports/Boards side by side and do reconciliation.

Thanks again,

Yelena