Allocating the 53rd week to a different year

Hi All, 

Is it possible to allocate the 53rd week in a 445 arrangement to a different year?

Example; from FY20 to FY19 and from FY25 to FY24

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hi @ChrisAHeathcote ,

Might be missing something from the discussion, but have you seen this setup documentation for a 53 week year? 

https://help.anaplan.com/7b071e87-85bb-4e59-b138-fdafac5b6bf5-Set-up-a-53-Week-Year

We can influence where the 53rd week appears by changing the end of discal year parameter and Anaplan should recalculate the calendar based on your client setup. 

If I set up my calendar like so:

Ingilavicus_0-1629809929707.png

I get week 53 to appear in FY19 and FY24 on the native time dimension. 

Ingilavicus_1-1629810046373.png

By playing around with the "end of fiscal year" parameter you can make week 53 appear in different FY.  Can't explain exactly how that works but must be a default principle in week calendars. So might be a bit of a hit or miss to find the correct setting. 

Andris

Answers

• @ChrisAHeathcote 

My Initial reaction is Natively No, but if you could share an example that would be great. Let's see what the ask is.

My Understanding: Your FY20 has 53 weeks of data and you want data of 53rd week to be allocated to FY19? Do you mean it to be done at the entire model level or module level? We may have to take a look at module level as model level will be tricky.

Misbah

• @Misbah 

Anaplan allocates the 53rd week to years ending in 2020 and 2025.

Client accounting calendar allocates 53rd week to years ending in 2019 and 2024. 

• @ChrisAHeathcote 

It's not about 53rd week - Anaplan will allocate the numbers based on where the ending Week of fiscal year falls, If you need to have 53rd week in any specific year then the entire timescale might have to be rearranged. Which I wouldn't recommend.

However I would still say if you throw some light on what exactly are you trying to achieve - we may be able to figure out something. What I was thinking in the back of my mind is that if we could write some formula for 53rd week to get the values offset to previous week - but this will be at module level not at the model level

Misbah

• @Misbah 

I am reviewing a model and the current solution is to use a series of fake time lists throughout and I am looking to remove them. 

However, while I am able to align either the start or end of the first financial years it does not seem possible to align the full calendar as Anaplan allocates the extra week into a different year. 

How does Anaplan determine which year to allocate the extra week to?

• @ChrisAHeathcote 

That depends on the settings that you may have used on the Time Page. It could be in any month from Jan to Dec of the financial year. In your case if you have 4-4-5 timescale and 53rd week falls in Jan 2020 then the timescale will be 5-4-5 for Jan 2020 and 4-4-5 for other months. But my understanding is if you have 53rd week fall under Jan 2020 then the last week of December 2020 (which is 53rd week in number & not Anaplan's 53rd Week) will be partially pushed to next Gregorian fiscal year. Now this becomes your 53rd week (by count) and it will always be pushed to next fiscal year although Anaplan still considers those few days to be part of current fiscal year. It is how the Anaplan works

However, there is way to convert the 445 into Gregorian timescale. You may want to take a look at this.

Convert Values from a 445 Calendar to a Normal, Mo... - Anaplan Community

Misbah

• @Ingilavicus 

My problems was that I was trying to dated weeks rather than numbered weeks.

By making this change and updating the end if fiscal year I have been able to solve it.

Thank you