I have a module consisting of default Users dimension, two line items where user can select "Source Version" and "Target Version" from drop down list(custom versions) on dashboard. There is an action which copies data from selected source version to selected target version. After data is copied successfully the line items "Source Version" and "Target Version" should become blank for a specific user.
Can anyone please help me on this.
After the action is run to copy the data into the snapshot, you will need to run another action for that user (based off a filter) to clear out the line items for your copy from/to custom versions.
Yes, I have tried by creating an action which clears two line items "Source Version" and "Target Version".
I have done below steps
1. Created two line items called "Blank Source Version" and "Blank Target Version" with same format as "Source Version" and "Target Version" and kept it as blank(means without selecting anything from drop down)
2. Created a saved view with these two line items and imported to original line items.
3. The original two line items are getting cleared but I am getting two errors
Below are the two issues which I am facing
1. When I run that action it is throwing an error like "List item doesn't exist" as blank is not present in the list
2. As we are having Users dimension in that module, it is getting copied to all the Users(i.e., the two original line items are getting cleared for all the users). But the two original line items should get cleared for the current user only.
Is there any solution for this, if yes please help me.
Ok, I am going to play Devil's Advocate here...Why and what is the requirement to have users copy data from one version to another? Why can't this be an administration function? By having users do it, you are potentially adding concurrency and blocking actions which could have a poor end user experience.