Dynamic page selector filters, depending on other selectors

Description: As a page builder, I would like to filter page selectors with a line item, which has dimension of other page selectors. This filter should filter page selector based on what's chosen in another page selector.

Example: Forecast input dashboard, products and customers are page selectors. Each customer has own set of valid products, which he wants to see in page selectors. Currently New UX prompts you to choose certain customer, where it'll lookup for filter values (see screenshot). It should be possible to choose "Current selection" to enable dynamic filtering of a selector.

Definition of done: Suppose we have a boolean filter, where products A and B filtered for Customer 1 and products A, C and D for Customer 2. If I select Customer 1 in a page selector, I should see only proudct A and product B in a product page selector. Similarly for Customer 2, it should be A, C and D. For total customers all 4 products should be in page selector.

New UX.png

Tagged:
45 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Currently, we don't have that type of filtering ability between 2 independent lists.

To achieve the dynamic page selector, we need to create a relationship between them.

If the relationship is 1 to 1, then adding a property in one of the list and using that to create a filter would work.

But if you have many to one relationship, then a hierarchy should be created to establish relationship between them

For example,

In many to one relationship, Create a Product Hierarchy list with Customer as parent.

Use a process with flush and import actions to update the hierarchy list frequently.

You can still have the flat products list to hold the data but a mapping could be used to setup relationship between Hierarchy and flat list to solve any further issues.

Unless any kind of relationship entity(property or hierarchy) is created in Anaplan, the dynamic filtering in pages with the pages cannot be established

• @Akhilesh9025 this will not work if the item you want to filter is set up as a selector. One of the cool features of the NUX is that you can actually add a filter into a page selector, but this is not possible with these type of cases. 

• Would be an interesting feature to add to the UX!

+1 👍

• This would be a huge add to the UX. Allowing context selectors to drive line items that are formatted with the same list as the context selector. Sometimes with space issues you don't want to add another dimension to a module and instead use line item to create that list relationship!

• This is a very good proposal and would make for better/simplified page experience for end-users

• I also Support the same!! It should be featured soon on NUX

• AmalGHL
    edited December 2023

In fact, it works for Users list, but not for model lists - I fully support !

• A lot of customers asked for this feature.

+1 vote!

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!