Option to display code not name

As a model builder, I would like the option to choose whether a list formatted line item displays the code or the name of the list item.

Depending on the purpose of the module, the audience and the number of columns being displayed it is sometimes more appropriate to allow a user to view and select the code of a list rather than the name.

33 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• This would be very helpful for our site as well.  Actually the ability to choose Code, Name, or Code+Name would improve the UX for finance applications.

• Another vote for this functionality, this would be useful.

• Please consider this functionality.  This is especially helpful when we have a list on rows and a second list on columns, while we select a line item for the page.

• This could be implemented by adding a check box for "display code" to the list format line item set up.  Apologies for my poor mouse writing, but you get the idea I am sureDisplayCode.jpg

• This would be useful !

You can use line item to display code but it may be annoying depending module dimensionnality.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!