Level 1 Model Building certification exam: help on formulas in Employee Expenses

For some reason I can't figure out the formula set up for questions 3 & 4 bonus and phone costs by role.  I am wondering if my references are mismatched.  Any help on this is appreciated as I feel like I am struggling by myself here and can't ask anyone or anything to help me out.

Answers

• @kshipley 

Can you please share the related modules & line items for which you are getting your answers wrong. Will try to see what issues are there in the formula. Don't paste your questions here please

Thanks,

Misbah

• matching roles in the Employee Drivers by Role module to the SYS08 Employee details module in order to pull over the medical costs by role is my issue.

My formula: 'Employee Drivers by Role'.Medical Benefit[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, SYS08 Employee Details'.Role]

• HI, I guess there is an issue with the module name you are typing as the source module,

'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Medical Benefit[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] this is the formula i used and its working fine

Maybe you are missing complete module name

• @kshipley Your module name in the formula seems to be wrong.

• Specifically, there are couple things I'd point out to you about the formula you used:

1. After the comma, it appears you typed in "SYS08 Employee Details'.Role" in an attempt to also have the LOOKUP statement apply to it. You have to actually repeat the LOOKUP for each item you want to lookup.
    2. Second, it kind of looks like you typed in the module name since the single-quote at the beginning was left off. Names of modules/line items/etc... will require single quotes around them if they contain special characters or numbers. As a general rule, I will usually always include quotes if I am typing in a module name manually. If I use the "point and click" functionality, Anaplan will apply single-quotes when needed automatically so you don't have to worry about it. 

In either case above, you should get a syntax error when trying to submit the formula. Make sure you look (and share, if you need to ask for assistance) at what the error message says as it can help narrow down what the issue is. 

• That's exactly what I have been doing and it says level mismatch. But my formula also has an if/then statement built into it for some reason.
  • this is the explanation I am getting on my formula

Data type mismatch: format other than LIST or DATE being referenced as a relation

• Also I get this error:

Data type mismatch: format other than LIST or DATE being referenced as a relation

• What are your applies to and formatting settings for each of the following?

• Source line item
    • Target line item
    • Two mapping line items used

• Hello,

I had the same problem. I corrected it by changing the type of Role in the SYS08 module to List. Before doing this you shoud, delete the formulas where you're referencing SYS08.Role and recreate them after changing the type, unless you won't be able to change the type.

• what do you mean change the type?

• Ok I changed the format to list but now I am getting that my formula is invalid 

kshipley_0-1591119999746.png

• There is a hook missing before the Lookup. This is the right formula.

Younes_0-1591171950797.png

• It’s format related error I believe from error description.
  • Generally speaking, breaking up your formulas also makes it easier to spot the error. Complete the lookup, etc. pieces in another line item, to ensure everything is good to go.