2.3.8.4 Create DEM02 Volume Growth Rates by Week module

Hello,

I have followed the instructions in "2.3.8.4 Create DEM02 Volume Growth Rates by Week module "and used the formula  WEEKVALUE('DEM01 Volume Growth Rates'.Growth %) but the values are zero after using the formula.

Not sure whether I am right or wrong !

Jitendra10_1-1626502336652.png

Jitendra10_0-1626502262029.png

Tagged:

Comments

•  

Thanks a lot@JaredDolich

It will definitely help me, in future, for practical scenario. As for now, I will be using the MONTHVALUE formula due to complications. Thanks for the help.

Yash Bhadoria

• I have the same problem thank you @JaredDolich for the explanation

• I have faced same problem, too.
    Thank you so much @JaredDolich.
    Mark
  • @JaredDolich
    I also landed to WEEKVALUE('DEM01 Volume Growth Rates'.Growth %).
    But when I have implemented your suggestion it really worked.

So I am really anxious to know the explanation on this.
    Could you please elaborate it.
  • I'm still confused about this. Wouldn't you need for each month to return whether it's 4 weeks or 5 weeks based on the 4-4-5 timing and then take the growth rate weekly as (growth rate monthly ) ^ ( 4 or 5 depending on month) -1, so that the compounded weekly total per month matches the month?

Or we are saying, the model as a less complicated version should just assume the same monthly rate per week?

• Time functions such as weekvalue(),

monthvalue() ... etc act like compound functions and assume the values returned are the same for each point in time eg 1 month of 1% aggregates to 1% for each week in the month.

For training this is not an issue, but in reality a more accurate, weighted function is required. eg weighted time functions.

This is not covered in the training, but a preferred solution.

Ravinder 

• akrem
    edited March 2023