Idea Exchange item that deserves some attention! Please support!

Hello fellow Anaplanners!  

I have a scenario that is captured exactly in the following Idea Exchange and I'm certain you all have or will need this in the future!!  The scenario is essentially to have a line item summary method that is a formula and is DIFFERENT than the formula of the line item.  

Add a custom formula for summary that doesn't nece... - Anaplan Community

This Idea Exchange was put out there in 2018 and is "Considered for Future Roadmap."  Let's get it ON roadmap!

Thanks for your consideration!

Stacey 

Tagged:

Answers

• Definitely giving this idea a Kudo as I have had to do some gymnastics to solve this issue or just leaving summary turned off.
  • @Stacey_Gibbens 

Absolutely! It would be great if we have Customized Formula at the Summary Levels. We have to use Ratios for selected use cases but that doesn't fit for all

Already Upvoted!

Misbah

Miz Logix

• Hi @Stacey_Gibbens ,

Not sure if this would work for you, but in the past, I have achieved a similar result with the following workaround:

Use ratio as the summary, this will require 2 additional line items:

- The first item is where you have the resulting figures that you are looking for on the level of detail that is your summary in the original line item. 

- The second item is simply 1 as a number (doesn't have to be dimensioned)

On the original line item where you want this different type of summary value, you simply do a ratio of Extra line item 1 / Extra line item 2. 

This way you can have all sorts of values appearing in the summary that are not necessarily connected to the formula of the original line item. 

A simple example: line item that sums 2 values, but on the summary level I want to see a multiplication:

Ingilavicus_1-1637045803078.png

Andris

• Thanks, @Ingilavicus for the idea!  I have to admit, I was not very familiar with the Ratio option.  I think it might work to create the weighted average I'm looking for... 🙂

Stacey