Using Boolean Field to Filter

Hi.

Currently the Retention (B8) field is returning the sum of all values. I've introduced a boolean field but i'm unsure how to update the formula so that it only returns the value we want (which is always the most recently added). There maybe a smarter way to achieve this?

lcapon_0-1637162006712.pnglcapon_1-1637162052923.png

Answers

• @lcapon 

Retention (B8) formula have to be the following:

IF NOT Payment Notice Input.'Latest Retention Input?' THEN 0 ELSE Payment Notice Input.Retention

• Unfortunately this returning a 0 value, I would like to see the ticked value of £9125.52

lcapon_0-1637163094701.png

• @lcapon

I see the problem.

Create one more line item in Payment Notice Input named 'Latest input retention' with the same formula

IF NOT Payment Notice Input.'Latest Retention Input?' THEN 0 ELSE Payment Notice Input.Retention

but change Summary method to MAX.

Then you can take value from 'Latest input retention' into Retention (B8) line item (no conditions necessary).

• Hey @lcapon 

Another method

In the Payment Notice module , if the list (1 , 2 , ..) has a top level , so you can add a text line item which will be text(retention ) , then you can set summary of this line item to last non blank  , then in the reference module you can refer value(new line item) , so it will show last added entry (if boolean is not needed) .

• Thank you.

This may be a good solution as well - because then it wont require additional manual checks. Please could you go into slightly more detail?