Model search extremely slow now in New Modeling Experience?

Ever since the the new items (line item subsets, etc.) were added to the model search recently, it's been extremely slow for me, with searches usually taking over 1 minute to complete.

I'm curious if others are experiencing this or if it's just me/my instance. As it is now, it's basically unusable, which is a shame because it was one of the nicest features IMO of the new modeling experience.

Best Answer

• ChrisM
    Answer ✓

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to say that the performance issues reported should have been resolved. Please let us know if you continue to experience problems.

Thanks,

Chris

Answers

• Here as well - I wish they gave us the option to turn off line item search... I can understand searching for dimensions or modules, but the Line Item level seems to be extremely granular (and not necessarily always helpful, as I might have the same line item name multiple times throughout the model - a discussion for another thread). 

• Thanks for bringing this up - we are working on a fix now that will resolve the performance issues you have been experiencing. 

Thanks,

Chris

• @helennieAgree. I am experiensing the performance issues with the search tool too. Would be good to keep line items out of the search scope. I would prefer to search by line items separately or simply using the Line items tab existing in Modules section.

KirillKuznetsov_0-1638539331637.png

• Hello @helennie 

I am having exactly the same issue. Search feature is extremely slow.

• Agreed that the line item addition has been a net negative even if it's not directly causing the slowdown. The clutter it introduces from producing so many results makes it much harder to immediately find what I'm actually looking for.

• Hi Chris,

Can confirm it is much much snappier in my models, even very large ones! There is still a very (very) slight delay when typing in the search box, but the results are returned very quickly.
  • Yes, this is night and day difference! Thank you so much!