New UX - column's width for grids / worksheets

It would be great if it's possible to define the column's width by numbers (% or px). It's a very time-consuming exercise to match it manually if you have similar columns in the same module or similar modules on a page:

Vera_0-1608654745170.png

or

Vera_2-1608655066580.png

Vera_1-1608654997551.png

Tagged:
75 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

In the UX, page builders can now set custom column widths for any grid in a worksheet or board and in tables. Page builders can also set the column label height. This setting can be accessed via the RHP within the card configuration panel under grid settings.

Comments

• thutten
    edited November 2022

i support this idea

• jo_maassen_1
    edited November 2022

I also support the idea. This functionality was available in the old UX and was very helpful. 

• GregCrawford1
    edited November 2022

I have found that if you point the NUX Grid to a saved view, the default column width can be adjusted from the classic. After selecting View -> Edit -> Module Views -> Select View -> Refresh, then the column sizing takes on the point setting from the classic. I note that the text size in the NUX is slightly larger than the sizing in the Classic, so a 45 pt sizing in the Classic might work great, but I need to set it to 60 pt so that the numbers are not cut-off when viewing in the NUX.

• eang92
    edited November 2022

Definitely support this idea!

While we currently do have the workaround of using saved views to achieve this, we lose the conditional formatting functionality present in the new UX.

Would be good if we can have the best of both worlds!

• jprince
    edited November 2022

I support this, being able to manually adjust is nice, but also setting some default widths as a starting point would be really nice. 

• fabien.junod
    edited November 2022

Yes, totally agree.

Truly, what's up wtih the columns widths?! It's all over the place and you end up with some weird looking tables

• CommunityMember113566
    edited November 2022

As a page builder, it would be great to have in the New UX a Colums Settings menu similar to the one we have in the model building environment, so when creating a board with multiple tables, it is easier to make the column width match between the tables by inputting a specific px width.  

CommunityMember113566_0-1637850115718.png

I’ll know this is successful when I am able to set precisely with a px value the column width of a table. 

• Beccad
    edited November 2022
    Status changed to: On Roadmap
  • Beccad
    edited November 2022
    Status changed to: On Roadmap
  • OlgaNozhevskaya
    edited November 2022

Oh, it's great that it's in a roadmap.

I'm looking forward to having this functionality in NUX. Trying to make columns equal by dragging their borders is a nightmare and a lot of harm to vision. Of course we can make a saved view and use it instead of custom view but custom view is so convenient and it's such a pity not to use it.

Hope that road to this functionality won't be long and managing column width in NUX will become as comfortable as in 'old model building experience'. 

• obriegr
    edited November 2022

Essentially the same request/idea presented a full year before this post: Link 

That being said, this idea has a better explanation/clarity of the concept(s).

Why is there not a 'default' that you can change for mobile/tablet and one for desktop.

Total miss in my opinion of being able to leverage the new UX and classic as mobile and desktop OR allowing for mobile friendly with the new UX and having alternative defaults for each type of setting

• erictopasna
    edited November 2022

Yes please, we need this!

• lphan
    edited November 2022

Will this only be in the builder mode or for the user as well? We would love to give the user the ability to change column size that persist after logging off like the classic UX.

• CommunityMember131816
    edited March 2023

Support this idear and when will it be onlive?

• Support this idea !

• This feature was available in the Classic Dash and was very useful - it would be great to have it in NUX.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!