Help needed: formula is invalid

Hi,

My name is Usha Priya. I am trying to add formulas to the SYS01 Time Settings by Year System module. I get a message saying the formula is invalid. Please find below the screenshot. I need some help to solve this issue. Thanks.Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 6.25.55 PM.png

Tagged:

Best Answer

• UshaPriya
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help. I wrote the formula referencing line items directly by clicking on them as suggested by you and it worked. Problem solved. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Answers

• @UshaPriya 

You are getting this error because Anaplan is unable to locate 'Forecast Period?' line item in 'SYS00 Time Settings' Module. Make sure you have created it before using the same here in the formula.

~Anand

https://in.linkedin.com/in/anand-shekhawat-35645486

• Thank you very much for your reply. I have already included Forecast Period as a line item in 'SYS00 Time Settings' Module but still I get the error message.

• @UshaPriya 

Could you please post the snip of SYS00 Module showing the line items in the bluprint view please.

~Anand

https://in.linkedin.com/in/anand-shekhawat-35645486

• Please find below the blueprint view showing the line items of SYS00 Module.Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 8.07.14 PM.png

• @UshaPriya 

Did you copy the formula from the training materials? 

Do not do this as the formula relies on the use of correct spelling as per your model.

Instead, write the formula out from start to finish referencing line items directly by clicking on them as you construct the formula. 

• Hello All,

Thanks for the solution, I'm in the intial stages of learning Anaplan. I got the same error while adding the formulas to the 'forecast Year?' in the module  SYS01 Time settings by year. I added the formula by reference , but still I'm getting the same error. The attached screenshot for your reference. It would be helpful, if someone could help me in resolving the issue.

Forecast Period.jpg

Regards,

Karthiega Vinoth

• @Karthiega 

you are using the formula 'SYS00 Time settings.Forecast period? which is apparently "Module Name"."Line item Name". you have named your module only "SYS00". Instead of copy pasting the formula double click on formula reference on your module and go to "SYS00" module and click on Forecast period? Line item. 

it is better if you name your module "SYS00 Time Settings" instead of "SYS00". since this is training you might get the questions to provide the formula. The answer will be wrong because your naming is wrong.(although technically your answer would be right.)

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• Hi Manjunath,

Thank you very much for your guidance. I recreated a module with the name 'SYS00 Time setiings' and added the formula as suggested by you and it worked, the problem was  resolved. I really appreciate your help.

Thank you.