Different switchover dates for financial statements in same model

Hello, 
I am brand new to Anaplan and am building a long range plan that has P&L, BS, CF. Our actual version in AP for the P&L is an import from our accounting software that is actuals + forecast = total FY year. For example, our FY year ends 6/30 so if I am in Dec, i will load a file that is 6 months actuals and 6 months forecast into the actual version in AP. We then forecast the out years based on that load. As we are 6/30 YE, I am using a switchover date of Jul22. My timescale is quarters.

The issue I have is that we do not forecast our BS. Thus, if we are only half way though year I load two quarters of actuals into AP actual version. I would like to be able to forecast out the remaining 2 quarters in the actual period, + the out years (like the P&L). However, as my switchover is July, I cant model out the remainder via the forecast version. 

That said, is there a way to model within the actual version? I thought about creating another version with different switchover date, but then for summary level reporting, i don't think i can have the forecast P&L and 'new' version BS displayed at same time. I was also thinking about creating separate model with its own switchover date and then importing that to my original model for BS actuals. That seems cumbersome to maintain two models. 

Any insight/direction on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• @Langerjt

What if you use formula scope and/or ISACTUALVERSION() formula to apply for the new BS version?

Also I don't see an issue with displaying BS and Fcst P&L as two compared versions.

You still can apply imports from forecast version to load 6 months to BS version. Or even apply a formula to take 6 months data from forecast version.

• thanks for response. what i ended up doing is I created a new version (BS) for balance sheet with a different switchover date. I model out my forecast from there in the BS verison. I then have my forecast version (current version) balance sheet where i did a formula:
    IF ISCURRENTVERSION() THEN 'Balance Sheet Report - Monthly'.'Cash and Cash Equivalents'[SELECT: VERSIONS.BS] ELSE 'Balance Sheet Report - Monthly'.'Cash and Cash Equivalents'[SELECT: VERSIONS.BS]

I am still building, but this seems to trick for forecast version with the different switchover date to pull the BS version data into the forecast balance sheet when i toggle between forcaset and bs versions. 

• @Langerjt 

I am not sure I understand this formula:

IF ISCURRENTVERSION() THEN 'Balance Sheet Report - Monthly'.'Cash and Cash Equivalents'[SELECT: VERSIONS.BS] ELSE 'Balance Sheet Report - Monthly'.'Cash and Cash Equivalents'[SELECT: VERSIONS.BS]

Is the version BS the current version?  If so, I believe you only need this for your formula:
    'Balance Sheet Report - Monthly'.'Cash and Cash Equivalents'[SELECT: VERSIONS.BS]

and you don't have to have Versions as part of the Applies To.

Rob