UX Idea: Conditional Formatting Pre-saved Templates

As a page builder I wolud like to be able to save templates for conditional formatting to select it later for alike line items (with same dimensions in the same module).

This will save me a lot of precious building time doing repetative tasks because currently I have to prepare CF for each line item from scratch.

Let's say I have a simple quarter, half-year and year columns coloring for a better visibility. This have to be applied accross majority of the published grids on a board the same way. The grids may sourcing from a single module and different line items used as page selectors or be located as rows.

KirillKuznetsov_0-1637165372843.png

I would like to set up and then save my color formatting with custom naming.

Saved properties will be:

- Values from

- Style

- Minimum (Value)

- Minimum (HEX color)

- Midpoint 1 (Value)

- Midpoint 1 (HEX color)

- Midpoint 2 (Value)

- Midpoint 2 (HEX color)

- Midpoint N (Value)

- Midpoint N (HEX color)

- Maximum (Value)

- Maximum (HEX color)

KirillKuznetsov_2-1637165804162.png

Use case:

Each time I select a conditional formatting I can see a list with pre-saved CFs which have already been saved for this module anywhere in the app (like in card templates). After selecting one - all properties will automatically be filled in and I will have to either apply the settings OR be able to correct it and apply after being satisfied with the settings.

33 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

•  

Big thanks to @Aiaz Shagapov for use case!

• Had a similar idea, today, although I was even thinking of making the template agnostic to the module used. Yet I see the benefit of having a limited number of templates to choose from, especially in larger models. 

• Last week I updated 50 lines with the same formatting... it is extremely frustrating to have to start from scratch every single time. Please consider this for road map!

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!