Time Range and Line item Period Allocation

HI All,

I have a question since my mind has gone blank, I hope someone can help.

In my current model, i have imported data for a series of journeys which start on a weekly basis for each transport number, within the journey there are a series of stops for loading and then discharging stock. 

Pages: Time Range

Rows: Journey & Location number.

Column: line item - Location Name, Location load period, location discharge period 

For example for Transport Number 1:

Journey A:

Begin -  Week 1 at Location London

Location Paris on Week 5 to pick up stock Location Rome on Week 6 to drop off stock.

What i would like is for the assignment of the line item for "Location load  period" to align with the pages selector, however it is currently focusing on when the journey began.

i.e Currently if i chose week 1 in pages selector, it would show:

- London >> Paris -  Location load period Week 1, Location discharge period week 5

- Paris >> Rome  - Location load period Week 5, Location discharge period week 6

What I would like it to show is if i chose:

- Week 1 in the pages selector then : London >> Paris -  Location load period Week 1, Location discharge period week 5

- Week 5 in the pages selector then : Paris >> Rome  -  Location load period Week 5, Location discharge period week 6

I can not seem to find out how to change it so the pages selector changes from journey start period to Location load period

I hope the above makes sense and appreciative of any assistance.

Laurance Jones

Best Answer

• JaredDolich
    Answer ✓

@LauranceJ 

Great question! This is an opportunity for you to get familiar with Boolean filters. In your journey system module you will undoubtably have a begin week and end week. Create another module, with no lists or time and use this as a selector. One line item should be the "Select End Week". When the user selects the end week, you will then calculate two Booleans in your journey system module. The first will check if the journey end week equals the user's choice. The other will just be the opposite. Now in your grid set a filter that uses that Boolean and only the journeys that have the same end week will appear.

Hope that helps!

Answers

• Hi Julien,

I thankyou for your time to respond to me, I will try this hoping this week and come back to you.

Thanks again for your assistance on this matter.

Laurance Jones