Email notifications : Sending Email Actions without using mailbox

Request from Amgen Europe : Anaplan is currently not able to send email notifications based on a pre-set condition. e.g.  whenever a price is submitted below a certain threshold. The idea would to have an action that sends email based on a threshold but without having to use your own mailbox

121 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Miran
    edited December 2022
  • Hana_Simkova
    edited December 2022

Hello, we have a similar need in our company. For example: when a user finishes data setup in the Anaplan tool (e.g. Business Unit Manager finishes the Sales Targets setup for his team of Sales Representatives), another user needs to go to the Anaplan tool and approve the targets. Right now when  Business Unit Manager finishes the targets, he/she needs to let the second user know offline (from his own mailbox) that the targets are ready. However, the ideal situation would be if Anaplan tool could send a notification automatically once Business Unit Manager checks the checkbox marking the targets as Ready.

Thanky you!

• Rebecca
    edited December 2022
  • sushmit.singh
    edited December 2022

My requirement is also the same.
    looking forward to get an answer

• JP
    JP
    edited December 2022

@Hana_Simkova This type of workflow support will already be covered with the new workflow capabilities. 

As the data prep user knows, when the work is done, you might want to use Anaplan's Mail function to make such a notification more convenient.

• Durnferd
    edited December 2022

This email notification functionality based on a pre-set condition should really be considered for implementation as this would be of great help to my organization.

• Durnferd
    edited December 2022

@Miran I have noticed that there has been a few community members support for this?

• Miran
    edited December 2022

Hi @Durnferd,

This idea is with our Product team for review. It will be updated accordingly once its viability is determined.

Best,
    Miran

• Gwen.pryor
    edited December 2022
  • vicky_ascencio
    edited December 2022
  • AlejandroGomez
    edited December 2022

Hi there

@vicky_ascencio  and team, are there any updates on this enhancement request? It is a very recurrent one and would be nice to know a little bit more on the status of the investigation 🙂

• thanasis
    edited December 2022

Hi all,

We are also interested in that since it will allow us to streamline the workflow process.

• charlottex
    edited December 2022

A very nice feature to have. Please help prioritize.

• Kyle204
    edited December 2022

+ 1 vote for trigger based email notifications

• jimfeng5
    edited December 2022

+1 vote

• traynham
    edited December 2022

+1

For ICM, we would like to notify users through automated emails, e.g. leverage MAILTO function in conjunction with criteria to send a batch of emails (when criteria are met) as part of a scheduled action.

• Shubham0012
    edited December 2022

+1 vote for trigger bases email notification.

• matthias.siller
    edited December 2022

+1 vote

• Prince.Ayinde
    edited December 2022

Hi this is a feature request i have received from users at different clients and it is a major feature request currently. Is there any update on this?

• MGerke
    edited December 2022

I am also interested in this feature. It would be nice to at least tag someone in a text box with @firstname.lastname@email.com, if that feature hasn't already been added.

• christina.toumpanaki
    edited December 2022

+1 vote from me too.

We have had this requirement for years!

• KirillKuznetsov
    edited December 2022

@Frederic.sabo@vicky_ascencio @Miran 

It's gonna be FOUR years anniversary for this specific request in couple of weeks! Don't you think it's time to return to the community?

• ShubhamCh
    edited December 2022

@KirillKuznetsov has a point.

+1 vote from my side and +xxxxxx votes from clients all over the world.

• KirillKuznetsov
    edited December 2022

@ShubhamCh 

Please share the link to this idea with your clients and ask them to kudo it. Lets make it the most voted idea in community!

• AlbertLoh
    edited December 2022

+1 vote

• YilinY
    edited December 2022

+1 vote and from my customers.

• lane0550
    edited December 2022

+1 Vote: We get this request often to automate emails throughout the steps of Approval Workflows.

• Niko1703
    edited December 2022

Same here. Very needed functionality.

• Is there any update on this functionality?

• Is there any update on this?

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!