Import Lineitem with subset List

Hi, I want to import Lineitem with subset List.

I have this below table.

We are making production planning by weekly.

Week has subset List, which is Lastest week.

CommunityMember125605_1-1652865270508.png

I want to import Production Planning only Latest week and  its amount > 0.

I tried to use filter, but it depends on particular week List. 

CommunityMember125605_2-1652865629531.png

How can I import Lineitem with subset List ? 

(I don't want to separate module.)

-----

I can use filter Lineitem which has usual List.

But this method will use much memories.

CommunityMember125605_0-1652865836551.png

Answers

• It may help if you can post a screenshot of your module blueprint as well.

It sounds like you want to create a saved view to show values from the Latest Week that are greater than zero, so that you can use that saved view as an import source. First off, great work on using a saved view for an import, as this is one of Anaplan's best practice recommendations!

The other best practice you should leverage here is leveraging System Modules to store common logic or calculations. You can learn more about System Modules (3 min video), or read about the DISCO best practice for more detail.

Since you didn't include your blueprint, I'm making a couple of assumptions:

• You are using a custom list for Weeks and not Anaplan's native Time
    • You have a subset for Weeks that includes recent weeks

First, you need a way to specify what the latest week is. You'll want to store this in a system module. Most customers that need to maintain a current date in Anaplan will leverage their integration tools to import this on a regular cadence. There is a How-To posted on this topic that you can read through if needed.

Here's an example of how this could look:

ryan_kohn_0-1652972512632.png

ryan_kohn_1-1652972552889.png

Next, you'll need to create a System module that will flag the current week in the Weeks list.

ryan_kohn_2-1652972665215.png

ryan_kohn_3-1652972679056.png

Finally, you had the right idea to create a Filter line item, as this helps follow the Planual best practice of using efficient filters. You can also read more about filter best practices in general. You highlighted a concern that this will use a lot of memory, but typically this is not a primary concern -- note that model size doesn't fall into the PLANS standard.

Here is how that Filter line item ends up looking:

ryan_kohn_4-1652973000766.png

And how it looks when applied:

ryan_kohn_5-1652973043660.png

Hope this helps!

• Hi, @ryan_kohn .

Thanks for replay.

I understand that I can filter Lineitem dimensioned by List Subset.

I recognized that Filter Lineimtem dimensioned by Ordinary List, not List Subset.

And it takes much memories.

Did I get that right? 

• @CommunityMember125605 Thank you for the clarification. I believe I now understand the challenge you were facing in your original post.

You didn't expose the Filter line item in your first screenshot, but I suspect your blueprint looked something like this, with the Filter line item being applied to the subset and not the full list:

ryan_kohn_1-1653061576989.png

You can't use this line item to filter the entire module view, because there are more items in the full list than the subset, and Anaplan doesn't have a filter calculation result for those items since you only dimensioned it by the subset.

You can visually see this in the grid view:

ryan_kohn_2-1653061747880.png

When you go to apply a filter to the module, Anaplan doesn't have a value available for 2022/05/11. This is consistent with the options you see in the filter dialog:

@CommunityMember125605 Thank you for the clarification. I believe I now understand the challenge you were facing in your original post.

You didn't expose the Filter line item in your first screenshot, but I suspect your blueprint looked something like this, with the Filter line item being applied to the subset and not the full list:

ryan_kohn_1-1653061576989.png

You can't use this line item to filter the entire module view, because there are more items in the full list than the subset, and Anaplan doesn't have a filter calculation result for those items since you only dimensioned it by the subset.

You can visually see this in the grid view:

ryan_kohn_2-1653061747880.png

When you go to apply a filter to the module, Anaplan doesn't have a value available for 2022/05/11. This is consistent with the options you see in the filter dialog below. In order to apply the filter to the entire module view, all of your rows need an actual value to filter by!

filter1.PNG

Conceptually, your filter dimensionlity needs to match the module dimensionality because you are filtering the entire module.

filter2.PNG

Memory/Size:

Regarding your concern on memory, I'll reiterate that cell count is not your primary concern. Don't forget that you have an actual requirement to meet and above all, you need your model to do something valuable for the business. The purpose of the standard is merely to accomplish that in the most optimal way. The above approach is focused on maximizing the aspects of the PLANS standard -- performant, logical, auditable, necessary, and sustainable -- while still meeting the requirement.