DEMO 03 Demand Forecast. Baseline Forecast formula

Hi,

I am trying below formula for Baseline Forecast, its working for FY20, but for FY21, data is not populating as expected. 

IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN 'DAT03 Historic Volumes'.'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year' ELSE OFFSET(Final Forecast, -52, 0)

Below is the Time Ranges selected for line items, kindly need help on the same:

Manohar_0-1601473770552.png

Thanks

Comments

• @Manohar 

Two things:

1. Remove the Time range and apply the normal timescale to the entire module.

2. Formula should be just " DAT03 Historic Volumes'.'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year'" as you would have used OFFSET and IF ELSE statement in the DAT03 Historic Volumes module. You don't need to write it again in DEM03 module.

Misbah

• Thanks Misbah for the reply,

If i understood correctly, i have applied model calendar and mentioned the formula as below, but still i dont see the values populated in FY21.

Manohar_0-1601477872000.png

• @Manohar 

There wont be any values as you are trying to pull FY19 Values into FY20 as baseline. When you have FY20 historic values you will see FY21 values in this module. But to me you are good to go & don't need to see FY21 values.

Good Luck!

• Thanks Again, in the instruction it says to verify the FY21 values are using the FY20 default Forecast values. Please suggest.

Manohar_0-1601479281470.png

• @Manohar 

Just check if you have FY20 values in DAT03 module. I am sure you don't have any values in there, that's the reason you are not seeing FY21 in target module.

• We have data in Volumes and 'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year' line items for FY19 and FY20 respectively,

note: time range is FY19-FY20 for this module

Manohar_0-1601488034048.png

• Used below formula, now data showing for FY21:

IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN 'DAT03 Historic Volumes'.'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year' ELSE IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'2nd Forecast Year?' THEN OFFSET(Final Forecast, -52, 0) ELSE 0

Manohar_0-1601488882936.png

PS: I tried earlier the same formula, Some reason, data was not populating in FY21, but now its showing.. 

• Just check if you have FY20 values in DAT03 module. I am sure you don't have any values in there, that's the reason you are not seeing FY21 in target module.Best Offset Smokers

• Thanks for bringing up the 2.4.4.2 check your work; I was trying to go off of what was used earlier in the infographic in 2.3.9 (file attached), and I couldn't figure out the logic of baseline forecast in 2021 from following that user story; I spent some time confused after I got the test question wrong on why I was supposed to have 2021 Baseline forecast information...

Maybe there should be an additional user story added on why they were updating the Baseline Forecast logic mid way through the sprint? Not sure if this was technically following PLANS or not (as, I believe the model build should start with a user story)?

UPDATE: I actually reviewed the lesson, and found another user story which tells you to update the module 😄 Cool!

• The micro-lesson on 2.4.3 shows some different formulas than I have been using and then 2.4.4 shows the fy21 baseline forecast populated. Is this information to be corrected further in the L2 Sprint?