2.4.11 Creating Roles

I am stuck on creating the roles and which access to provide to make the dashboards visible. Will the dashboards not show if they were made on My Pages?

2.4.11.1 Material.png

FireShot Capture 014 - Anaplan - Level 2 Supply Chain Philip Cramer - us1a.app.anaplan.com.png

FireShot Capture 013 - Anaplan - Level 2 Supply Chain Philip Cramer - us1a.app.anaplan.com.png

FireShot Capture 012 - Anaplan - Level 2 Supply Chain Philip Cramer - us1a.app.anaplan.com.png

FireShot Capture 011 - Anaplan - Level 2 Supply Chain Philip Cramer - us1a.app.anaplan.com.png

Tagged:

Comments

• FYI @pjc95 I moved your post to the Academy & Training forum.

Re your question, a couple points:

1. I'm wondering if perhaps you are looking into the wrong place for your pages. The area you access the UX is different than that for "Dashboards" (which is terminology from the Classic UI).
    2. My Pages are only visible by the person that created them, so they cannot be shared with others. For the purposes of the training course, this shouldn't matter, as you can just change your own role to test out different access.
  • Thank you for moving my post to the appropriate forum, Ryan.

1. I understand that the pages are in My Pages but through this point in the sprint I have not made any dashboards so for Users > Roles do I just leave "Landing Dashboard" blank since there aren't any?

2. Per 2.4.11 "Each Product Family Manager should be able to make changes to the Volume Growth Rates for only their assigned Product Family, but only view the data for the other three Product Families.

The Product Family Manager role should be able to see the Detailed Demand data but not override any values.

The Product Family Manager role does not need access to any other modules."

I have gone through https://help.anaplan.com/f0dd364d-cd04-429e-b788-15c79d8cf698-Selective-Access and am really unsure how to set up the user "Product Family Manager" as a role or what to do with selective access. I have been following the sprint very closely so I don't think I missed a formula or set something wrong.

Please help because I am STUCK on this.
  • Re (1): You are correct. There is no need to select a Landing Dashboard. Dashboards only apply to the Classic UI. See here for more info on Landing Dashboards for the Classic UI: https://help.anaplan.com/ebf9497c-9760-4762-9910-c25712cc2479-Select-the-landing-dashboard-for-a-model-role

Re (2): Model Roles and Selective Access are actually independent of each other.

To allow a user to "[write] only their assigned Product Family, but only view the data for the other three Product Families", you should enable Selective Access on the relevant list and then assign access for one or more users. For the other security configuation, you configure this using module permissions for the role and then assign one or more users to that role.

• Thank you! The links at the bottom helped me out a lot.

I am not sure if my UX page is set up correctly, but that might be due to it being in My Pages and the access I have as part of the training program.