Gantt chart with several bars on a same row

Hi, 

I really like the new Gantt chart drag & drop feature in NUX. One key point to have a fully usable Gantt chart would be to be able to have several bars/objects on a same row: below for example I am displaying a production campaign plan, and it would be much better to have one row per furnace/machine, with the sequence of campaigns/tasks on the same rows, than one row per task.

image (2).png
Some use cases for which it would be very key:
- Project / Tasks planning app: where you want to see, one row per resource, with a sequence of several tasks
- Trade Promotion management app: you want to manage your promotion plan with for example one row per product category (or store), and several bars that would be the individual promotions.
- Supply chain production plan: the one i described at the top
- I am pretty sure there are many other use cases.

Of course the capability to be able to move / drag & drop one bar on another one would be awesome.

Other nice examples: 
image (3).png
Picture 1.png

Thanks, best,
Cédric

Tagged:
61 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• This is a must have. Would also like to see Multiple Milestones in the same row. Currently page builders can only put a single Milestone in a single row which is very limiting. Current state below:

jwilby_0-1622042170353.png

• Status changed to: In Review
  • andyptsn
    edited April 12

This would make Gantt charts far more useful.

From a modelling perspective and to not break existing builds, I'd imagine the easiest way to implement this would be to have a chart flag "Group Leaf Items by Parent", where each individual list item combination (time period and/or milestone) render on the same line if they have the same parent.

The actual leaf item's display name would then be visible on mouse hover, and synchronise page selection on click if applicable.

Dragging an entry from one row to another could reassign that leaf item combination to the new parent item - naturally this would need to be able to be disabled by page builders, and disabled for personal pages (similar to how insert/delete list item permissions behave on Worksheets). Model builders would still be able to uncouple time/milestone entries by adding separate leaf items to increase fluidity, similar to the existing process.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!