Allow a Process Action to have other Process Actions within it

I have a 26 step process in my Model (Process A).  I have created a new, 31 step, process (Process B).

I have just realized that I would like the user to always run Process A after they run Process B.  Currently this now means editing Process B and individually adding all 26 steps that are in Process A.

Request:

Allow the MB to edit Project B and:

1. Select Project A from the list and add it to the end of Project B
  2. OR
  3. Select Project A and see all 26 steps from Project A added to the end of Project B

I prefer option 1.

Tagged:
14 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• I have Processes that need to run several times, with changes made to the model between each run. I currently need to have several identical processes that do exactly the same thing.

• I've long thought the idea of having a process in a process would be really useful.

Say I have a data hub, and then a downstream model.  I might have a process to import my product hierarchy, then a process to import the customer hierarchy, then a process to import sales history etc.  Just a product hierarchy import alone could involved 10+ actions if I am importing into multiple lists for the various levels of the hierarchy and then properties into property modules.

Ideally I would want a 'Update All' process which contains each of the individual processes.  Of course I could just put all the actions into the 'Update All' process but it becomes much harder to maintain.

• Hello,

I have a use case where I need to have a process with an import and also to include a Copy Branch action which is not currently available.

We need to have a Copy Branch action to copy appraisals and also an import to update the appraisal's version date based on the current date.

Thanks,

Christina

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!