Configurable default selection for context selector

tscott
edited November 2022 in User Experience Ideas

I recently had a question from a client who asked if it was possible to set a default list member (or the top level of a list, eg. all products) as the default for the context selector at the top of a page.

They wanted to be able to select a particular layer, list member or top level of a list and always have it revert back to that level when clicking "Reset" for example.

(I appreciate we could stick the list member at the top of the list but this isn't what they really wanted - they wanted "all products")

Hopefully not a difficult one to add!

Tagged:
87 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Ari
    Ari
    edited November 2022

Agree, thank you @usman.zia 

• swoods93
    edited November 2022

Yes, thanks for posting!

• Miran
    edited November 2022
  • dngingras
    edited November 2022

I fully support this request.

• Gwen.pryor
    edited November 2022
  • helennie
    edited November 2022

Still looking for this ability to set NUX selector defaults.

• mhemphill
    edited November 2022

Everyone i know supports this.  Please can we have parity with classic on this.

• SilviaDF
    edited November 2022

I have just had a request from my client to set the UX context selectors to a default - is this on the roadmap and any idea of timings?

Cheers

• kevin.cho
    edited November 2022

Wondering if there's any update on this? 

• sprender
    edited November 2022
    Status changed to: New
  • obriegr
    edited November 2022

I was too quick to respond.

This is actually a good idea.

• Humay
    edited November 2022

Hi there,

Currently, we can use "Use Top Level As Default Page?" option in Configure section of the General List, to make top level default filter selection in NUX. 

However, there is no such an option for Time list.

Would be great to give this flexibility for an end user.

Also, "Use Top Level As Default Page?" option makes the selection for all pages with this dimension filter. Would be great to be able to customize this for each page.

Thanks,

Humay Kh.

• rrist
    edited November 2022

Users I work with have also requested this functionality.

The particular ask is to have the top level of a hierarchy as the default selection in each page. Users can then select a lower level if needed.

• Antonio_Flor
    edited November 2022

I found a workaround this issue with a reset button on the page.

This process has 2 actions

1- An import of top level against the user dimension on a Module that then acts as a user filter for the selectors . 

2- Another action that removes this filter, to show everything. 

In the end the user is left with a page reset to default selectors.

And now I've changed it to a single boolean. True means only L4 of an hierarchy is showing, false means the full hierarchy is in the selector. Also controls which currency is displaying.

• Hi all, is there any update on this? Would be really important to have this feature in the New UX as well.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!