Marked as (Fixed Target Item) in the Mapping tab; please specify a value (ERROR)

I'm trying to complete my Level 1 Model Exam and continue to get the below error:

Marked as (Fixed Target Item) in the Mapping tab; please specify a value

I searched the Community, and have not found any help/solutions.  Additionally, I tried to do the same task in the Level 1 Model File that was given in the initial exam information, and it fails in that as well.

I have tried the Data and M-D-Y under the Time Tab, but nothing works.  The above error also has a drop down, but when I click on the dropdown, nothing shows in the dropdown.

Comments

• As this is the exam, I can't offer any specific hints towards your answer or your model. However, I can outline the general functionality that your error is related to.

Here's the Anapedia page for that particular functionality: https://help.anaplan.com/29a86b5d-82cd-49c0-80f9-a4ec781911fa-Map-items-in-an-import

From that page:

Map to a fixed line item

If you map a list in the source to a fixed item in the target, then you must specify the item value. A tab for the item displays available options in a dropdown list. Select the value you want to map to.

When you select "Fixed line item" in the mapping, a new tab appears in the top of the import screen. Example screenshot below:

ryan_kohn_1-1657236375602.png

The available options in the drop down come from the list of line items in your target module. Example below shows I have 3 line items available in my model to map to.

ryan_kohn_2-1657236469928.png

Hope this helps!

• Thanks for the help Ryan.  That is where part of the issue lies.  I don't get any options in the drop down to map the files or fix it.  

RyanP0208_0-1657237057616.png

• You need a line item in your target module that can be imported into. Make sure you have a line item present that has no formula that can hold the value you're trying to import.

• Thanks for your help!