Ability to reset to default view of page

ryan_kohn
edited December 2022 in User Experience Ideas

Description:

As an end user, I want to be able to reset my view of a page back to the page's default settings, so that I can ensure that I'm looking at the page the way it was intended by my build team. It will also make it easier to compare what I'm looking at with my colleagues for analysis, or with my build team while debugging issues. 

Example of Enhancement:

Ideally, there would be a "Reset View" link or button on a page that resets my view. I will know that I am successful when I have the same view as when I open the page in either incongnito mode or by clearing my cookies/cache.

Benefit/impact:

While using a page, there are a number of elements that I can customize in my view, including: pivots, filters, context selections, showing/hiding specific items. I may make changes to a number of these items, and it is hard to tell what I've customized. I would like to just reset everything back to the defaults.

Workaround:

I can achieve the result by clearing my cookies/cache. However, this impacts my saved settings for the entire Anaplan experience, whereas I only want to do this on a page by page basis as needed.

Tagged:
9 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

Comments

• ShubhamCh
    edited December 2022

I am also facing a similar situation while resetting all the filters applied on different grids of a worksheet. We can see two grids in a worksheet and can apply Anaplan's inbuilt filters on their columns individually. After applying those filters, if I want to reset to my default view, it takes four clicks:- Click Filter icon, click remover all filters and doing it again for the other grid.

There should be a universal Reset button which reset the page's view to the default view.

Thanks @ryan_kohn for adding this idea.

• sprender
    edited December 2022
  • sprender
    edited December 2022

We have an update planned in Q1 2023 to add this functionality. Thank you for posting on the Ideas Exchange.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!