2.3.10 Activity: Level Mismatch on Common Dimension OR Dimension of mapping used for lookup...

I am currently working on the Level 2 Sprint 2 2.3.10 Activity: Create Demand Forecast.

In this activity, I need to create a formula which takes weekly growth rates by Product Family in one module and populate them by Product (child of product family) in another module. There is a third module which includes both dimensions.

My thought process is this:

Populate DEM 03 Demand Forecast's Growth Rate % (by Product) by referencing DEM 02 Volume Growth Rates By Week's Growth Rate % (by Product Family) by looking up the SYS08 SKU Details module which contain both in adjacent columns.

However:

'DEM02 Volume Growth Rates by Week'.Growth %[lookup: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product]
results in:
"Level mismatch on common dimension"

and

'DEM02 Volume Growth Rates by Week'.Growth %[lookup: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product Family]

results in:

"Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result"

How do I get Anaplan to translate the growth rate using SYS08?

Comments

• @jadefortunato 

Your second equation is perfect. 

'DEM02 Volume Growth Rates by Week'.Growth %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product Family]

So we need to look at your formatting, most likely in the SYS08 module. Whenever we use the LOOKUP or SUM function, we must reference a LIST formatted line item. Make sure that your Product Family line item is formatted as P1 Product Family and not TEXT. If that doesn't resolve your issue, then check that the lists you used in DEM03 is using P3 SKU. SYS08 is matched to P3 SKU so those need to match.

JaredDolich_0-1661915850811.png

• Thanks for the quick reply and so much for the direction!

SYS08 was fine: I must have missed when dragging and dropping when I built DEM03: I used Products not SKU