Level 2 Sprint 3 - Inventory Ordering Module Formulas Module

Hi,

I have created the two boolean value but I am having problem while creating Beginning Inventory.

So can anyone please help me with the correct formula and data.

Screenshot (171).pngScreenshot (172).png

Comments

• @Naivedya 

Hi there. You're doing great. 

In this line item, we are trying to create an inventory balance set where the beginning on hand is equal to the previous ending on hand. All but one week will work this way except the first week because there isn't a previous ending on hand. So we need two strategies:

1. Set our IF statement so that the most common occurrence is first. In this case since all but one week will use the previous ending onhand we will check to see if the week is not the first week. That's why we created the line item in SYS01.
    2. On the first week we need to lookup the beginning on hand which will be imported from a file. We can find that value in DAT01.

So, our formula for beginning on hand should look like this:

IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'Not First Week of Timescale?' THEN PREVIOUS(Ending Inventory) ELSE 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Inventory

• Hi @JaredDolich ,

I have written the same formula but I am not getting the correct data.

So please help me with the correct formula.

Screenshot (173).pngScreenshot (174).png

• @Naivedya 

good job! You got it. You just haven't loaded DAT01 yet. Nice job!

• Hi @JaredDolich ,

As you mentioned that I have not loaded the but I have already uploaded it, so can you please help me.

Screenshot (175).png

• @Naivedya 

Check your SYS01 and make sure the first week of 2020 is being identified correctly.

JaredDolich_0-1662992646593.png