Convert list item to time period

We make a weekly copy of the demand plan to be able to calculate bias and forecast accuracy with 2 weeks lag.

In a list we created versions :

Filip_0-1664438348424.png

The last Property "Reporting Week" is formatted as Time Period "Week"

The data is copied in a module with this list and the product list on the lowest level as dimensions :

Filip_1-1664438592075.png

How can I retrieve this data in a module with Week and Product List as dimension, data should be shown in the "Reporting Week" of the Versions list.

thanx

Filip

Best Answer

• Misbah
    Answer ✓

@Filip 

Step 1: Create a System module dimensioned by P6 and get an attribute of P4 in this module with function PARENT

Step 2: Create an Intermediary module dimensioned by Anaplan Native Time and P6 dimension (not P4). Use SUM function on Weekly version - Reporting Week list property.

Step 3: In your target module take the values from intermediary module and use LOOKUP function on SYS module P4 line. 

Hope that helps

Misbah

Miz Logix

Answers

• @Filip 

It's unclear to me as to what is the ask here. Do you mean you have a target module which is dimensioned by Products and Native Time of Anaplan and the source has custom time or is the other way around.

Either way you will have to a create a relationship between these two and I think FINDITEM function can help you create this one. Once the relationship is established you can then ;use SUM or LOOKUP based on your needs.

Thanks,

Misbah

Miz Logix

• Hi Misbah,

source module has native time in a list as dimension, target module custom time as dimension

Filip_2-1664440553198.png

the relationship has been established in the list "Weekly Versions"

I tried the lookup

Filip_0-1664440215796.png

with following error : 

LOOKUP using DATE mapping Weekly Versions.Reporting Week is not valid in this case because 'DAT EXP. 04. Forecast Weekly Versions'.Basic forecast does not apply to Time

• @Filip 

Native Time can not come as a list in "Applies to" section. Could you please share the screenshot of Pivots of both source and target module. And if possible screenshot of Weekly version module as well.

Note: SUM & LOOKUP should not be part of the same formula

• source module :

Filip_0-1664444967454.png

target module :

Filip_1-1664445027713.png

List Weekly Versions

Filip_2-1664445110745.png

Filip_3-1664445157924.png

• Thanx Misbah,

works fine now !

br

Filip