Insert and delete data in Anaplan

Hi Team ,

I'm trying to insert and delete data into Anaplan using below API.

Insert :

VinothKumar91_1-1664159162462.png

Delete :

VinothKumar91_0-1664159144263.png

Is it the right API to insert and delete ?

How can I get the Data's task id ? and how to ensure the insertion and deletion of data in Anaplan

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Vinoth Kumar K.

Best Answer

Answers

• There are two main approaches to managing data in Anaplan via API.

1. Bulk API: This requires building and design "actions" in Anaplan as a model builder, and then triggering those actions via API. Read more here: https://help.anaplan.com/93218e5e-00e5-406e-8361-09ab861889a7-Use-the-bulk-APIs
    2. Transactional API: This allows inserting, exporting, or deleting data in Anaplan without needing to create actions in Anaplan. Read more here: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/How-To/Start-Here-Transactional-APIs-Part-1-The-Basics/ta-p/110120

In both cases, you will need to either understand the data and structure of the model yourself, or work with a model builder/solution architect on your team that does.

Hope the above info helps!

• Hi @Badam ,
    Thanks 🙂 Your solution really helped me a lot.
    I could able to upload the file and import into anaplan.

I tried out Anaplan connect to export and import data in Bulk via JDBC connectivity.

I get below error , Can you share me some sample scripts for Export and Import data ( JDBC )

VinothKumar91_0-1665474353483.png

Regards,
    Vinoth Kumar K.

• Hi @ryan_kohn 

Thanks Ryan , I opted for Bulk API approach.

It was very helpful and I could able to export and import data into Anaplan.

I'm trying out Anaplan Connect with JDBC Connectivity (To import and Export Data). I face below issue. can you guide or share me some sample scripts to import and Export.

VinothKumar91_0-1665474612530.png

Regards,

Vinoth Kumar K.