Level 1, 9.2.5 Activity: Dimension Error

Hello,

I'm working on Level 1 Model Building (9.2.5: Add Formulas to Price Growth Rates Staging Module).  When I try to enter the LOOKUP formula for the line item 'Unit Price %' in REV05, I get the error:

"Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result" 

I verified that in REV05 the "Applies To" is using G3 Locations, P2 Products and that the Format is for Percentage.

I got the LOOKUP formula to work for Unit Cost %, which, I assume, means that REV05 was setup correctly.  But the LOOKUP formula for Unit Price % is the only line item that's getting the error.

REV05_1.png

REV05_2.png

Thank you for helping.

Comments

• Hello, 

The problem with Unit Price% line item is that it is in the subsidiary view which means try check the time scale and time range in blue print view it has to be 

Time Scale : Year 

Time Range: Model Calendar 

Attached the screenshot of the solution to your problem for reference, 

Hope this resolves your Problem 

Thank you.

Screenshot (27).pngScreenshot (28).png

• Thank you very much for your help. 

I originally had Time Scale set to Year and Time Range set to Model Calendar

After inserting "G3 Location, P2 Products" to Applies To for Unit Price %, I was able to insert the formula and have numbers flow through correctly.  (Please see attached screenshot)

trabant601_0-1665676764790.png

Hopefully, this is a correct fix and will not cause any problems later on.

Thank you again

• That's a correct fix it will not cause a problem as the applies to is matched with Unit price and the module. 

Great keep going!!

Happy Learning 🙂

• Thank you much.