sprint 3

Hello members , 

I am Unable to understand what needs to be done for the following :

3.3.5.2A Beginning Inventory, Forecast Demand, and Suggested Order Line Items

• Beginning Inventory: This line item needs to display the value from the Beginning Inventory line item in DAT01 Beginning Inventory module for the first week of the year and the Ending Inventory from the previous week for all other weeks of the year.
  • Forecast Demand: Show Final Forecast value from DEM03 module.
  • Suggested Order Amount for the Month: Show monthly demand total.

These are the things which needs to be done in Sprint 3 in the ' Inv01 ordering ' module . 

For the Beginning Inventory , I have used the below mentioned formulae , but not getting any answers

IF NOT 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'Not 1st Week of Timescale?' THEN Ending Inventory ELSE 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Inventory

How do I go about doing these ? I have written the above formula from the hint provided , But Otherwise have not understood much . 

Can someone help .

Thank you 

Comments

• @BapinB 

Beginning Inventory- IF NOT 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'Not 1st Week of Timescale?' THEN PREVIOUS(Ending Inventory) ELSE 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Inventory.

Remove this NOT (highlighted in red)  and introduce PREVIOUS(green) in the formula.

Forecast Demand - Bring the values from DEM 03 module. Just referencing is enough

Suggested order amount - MONTHVALUE(Forecast Demand)

Hope that helps

Misbah

Miz Logix

• Hi Misbah , 

Thank you . 

I have Fully Understood and implemented 2 and 3 . But Solution 1 , I have not able to understand the whole basic fundamental although I have implemented 1 also .

• If I would have Implemented just the Beginning inventory here , the results would have been same . Am i correct or wrong ? 

• @BapinB 

For the first period of the timescale, Idea is to bring Values from DAT01 Beginning Inventory module and for all the other periods value should come from Previous Periods Ending Inventory  which means for Week 1 it should be from Beginning Inventory module and for Week 2 it should bring values from Week 1's ending Inventory, Week 3 should bring values from Week 2's ending inventory so on and so forth.

Misbah
    Miz Logix