Change default message process completion message to an error message/ LOCK button

Anaplanners,

I have a process which stores the end user's inputs in the system. Currently users press the button without completing ALL their inputs thereby storing incomplete data. 

1) I wanted to figure a way to lock the button when they have not completed their inputs AND/OR

2) At least throw an error message when they have run the action without completing all the inputs. Now default process completion message "Process Successful" which is quite confusing. 

Thanks in advance,
Aravind

Best Answer

• ShubhamCh
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @Sachinsourav02 

*I replied one more time but I think that didn't get updated here.

That action handling feature has been delayed. It will be released in Nov now.

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 12.08.24 PM.png

 Here is the link of this page (October Release).

Thanks!

-Shubham

Answers

• Hi Create a boolean line item with is only true when all the conditions are met. In your source view for import action apply this filter. If the data is incomplete, that row won't show up in the source view. Hence, the data won't be imported. Thanks! - Shubham
  • Anaplan is about to release action handling feature. It'll allow MBs to control the action based on boolean. They have already mentioned it as October release.

• We are doing that...however user runs the button and gets "process successful" message and misunderstands that they completed their task and leaves the page without completing their action. There is also lot of Conditional Formatting that we have already in place telling them their actions are pending..its only the ability to run the process and the subsequent message they get which is creating the confusion
  • @Sachinsourav02 

Yeah I understand the problem here. I'll advise to turn on the detailed process status which will tell you how much data has been imported.

Let's say, user didn't fill all the values -> this row doesn't show up in the source saved view -> User runs the process -> details show nothing has been imported. -> Process ran successfully notification. 

That's the current workaround, I can think for now. We'll have to wait for the next Anaplan release. 

You can also add one conditional formatting additionally to mandatory conditional formatting, which turns green if all requirements are met and red if something is missing.

- Shubham

• Thats pretty much how our system works now. Mandatory fields have its own Conditional formatting, a traffic light that tells them they have started input but haven not completed and turns green when completed. A big header that keeps updating them when they can store the value. its all covered. COuld you please help me with the specific release note that you're referring to that enables us to control the action, would like to read about it.

thanks,
    Sachin
  • ShubhamCh
    edited November 2022

Hi @Sachinsourav02 

It took me a lot of time to search the page. Here is the page

By default, actions run automatically but you can turn that off. Once it is off, the status shows detailed summary of the process. Watch the video on the mentioned page.

Thanks!

-Shubham

• Sachinsourav02
    edited November 2022
    Hi Shubham,

Thanks for sharing the option, will explore options with it. However that does not talk about the boolean option that enable/disable the process button right ? My understanding of the new feature was that, correct me if im wrong.

Thanks,
    Sachin
  • Sachinsourav02
    edited November 2022
    Thank you so much Shubham